BLIND: Last Chapter

Fritz Alden's POV

"Ayos ka lang bro?" GodAce asked me, our classmate. I'm here in his father's hospital to be cured.

"Yeah," I answered him.

"Kakaiba ka rin pala noh. Masasabi ko ngang mahal na mahal mo nga si Andrea. Delikado kaya ang ginawa mo, maaari mong ikamatay ang ginawa mong pagbibigay ng mata mo. Nagsisisi na tuloy ako na isa ako sa mga nang-aasar sa inyo noon ng BuNerd," he stated but I remained silent. There's just nothing in my head right now kundi ang imahe ng ngiti ng babaeng tunay kong nagugustuhan. Andrea.

"Isipin mo, si Andrea na nerd noon, isa palang mala-dyosa sa ganda. Hidden beauty kumbaga. At ikaw naman, ang alam naming lahat bulag ka talaga! Ang galing mo sa part na yun ah! Nauto mo kaming lahat, wew!" GodAce said with amazement.

"Oh, nagtext yung kaibigan ni Andrea. Gising na raw siya." I can't help but to smile sa narinig ko.

I'm so happy to know that she's already awake. I want to see her but I know I can't see her anymore... Because I already gave her my eyes. I hope she'll forgive me for hurting her.

Nagtataka siguro kayo kung bakit ko ibibigay ang mga mata ko sa kanya. It's all because... I love her and I hate myself for making her cry. It kills me to see a tear flowing from her eyes.

I will never regret that I gave her my mother's eyes. Yes, it's my mother's eyes, not mine.

Nabulag ako nung bata pa ako that's why my parents sent me to a special school for blind people.

There, I learned how to walk and work without needing other's assistance.

And three years ago, before my mom died, she gave her eyes to me. But because her eyes is not that compatible with my blood, it's sensitive and it took years to be healed.

When I enrolled here, my sight is not that clear because it's still recovering so I pretended to be fully blind.

Isa ring dahilan kung bakit ko sinabing bulag ako ay it's because when I was young, people liked me because of my looks and my parent's money.

But when they already knew that I was blind, they didn't care about me anymore. They even judged, teased and laugh at me.

Yung mga taong inakala kong tanggap kung ano ako ay iniwan din ako when they knew that I am useless and blind.

And that day, I started to avoid people around me. Lalo na yung mga lumalapit sa'kin dahil sa hitsura ko. Cause I know they'll leave me anyway when they don't need me.

But there's this girl who's always following me around and keeps bothering me everyday. I ignored her cause I know if she get tired of being with me or using me as accompany, I know she'll leave me.

But she's different.

Even though I became rude to her, she keeps smiling and following me around. Kung ga'no ko siya ipagtulakan palayo, mas lalo pa siyang dumidikit sa'kin.

At first, I was annoyed because she's so talkative and very noisy dahil nasanay akong mag-isa at tahimik lang but as time passes by, I'm starting to get used to her presence and attention.

When I'm alone, hindi siya mawala-wala sa utak ko. I'm missing her noisy and loud voice kapag 'di ko siya kasama. Parang mababaliw ako kapag hindi ko siya nakikita.

And that day, nagsimula na'kong matakot dahil lumalalim na'tong nararamdaman ko. I'm scared to be hurt again that's why I tried to push her away again and forget her, but I can't.