Chapter 38: Disastrous Outrage

Start from the beginning

"Hey, you holding up okay? I know what happened earlier was... crazy." 

I smiled and looked down at my feet. "Yeah. By the way, I never got to thank you for catching me there, you're always at my side..." I said with an appreciative smile.

He nodded as he leaned on the wall beside me, the soft blue light from the stage on his face making his brown eyes pop.

"Hunter, can we talk?" I asked with a shy smile.

"Of course. Should we go somewhere private?"

I nodded and I took him outside of the gym where there was still people so I led him to the middle of the quad where there was no one except for a guard just a few distance away.

"I hope you don't think this is weird." I said as I sat down on the soft grass.

"This is far from weird, I never thought it was this beautiful at night here." He said as he sat down beside me, looking up at the stars. After a few seconds, he looked at me, his beautiful face illuminated by the moonlight. "So... I'm assuming you didn't invite me here just to look at stars, hmm?" 

"Yeah. I... I just don't like that this... crush thing is frustrating the two of us, y'know? I still don't fully understand how you're so unaffected by this, minus the, uh, the frustration." I said with a sheepish expression, waiting anxiously for how he will react.

He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "I don't think anything will ever change our relationship."

We went quiet for a moment as my thoughts raced in my head before I faced him. "What if we just... go back to the lives we had... before we met?" I suggested, my eyes settling on my feet.

He turned to me, his face filled with confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Everything was normal when we didn't know each other. Maybe if we pretend to not know each other again and you'll eventually forget that I existed and... maybe my feelings for you will go away." I said softly, staring at him expectantly.

He looked at me like I just made the biggest mistake in all of human race. "No! We're not doing that, we've went through a lot already, and you want to just... forget all about that?" His voice sounded heartbroken.

I reluctantly took his hand and covered it with mine. "I don't think I'll forget about it anyway, but it's better, you wouldn't feel bad for me and then you'll go back to not even sparing a glance at me... and getting every girl you want..." 

He shook his head. "I'm not that kind of person, Theo. Nothing will change, okay?" He reassured me by rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb. "Now, let's go back to the gym, we still have a long night." He said before pulling me up with him.

We returned to the gym, the ball still in full swing. 

Athena greeted me with a tired hug. "Theo, I'm already tired, it's not even 10 PM yet."

I laughed and hugged her back, squeezing her too tightly. "I know, but you have to help me impress everyone tonight." 

"I'll help you if you stop squeezing me." 

I laughed again and released her. "Sorry, my inner hulk just wanted to say 'hi'."

The sound of someone tapping into a mic echoed around the room. "Hi, hello! I'm gonna be announcing this year's Winter King and Queen!" A student body member announced.

"Wait, they already voted?" Cielo asked as he scratched his head.

"Wait, there's a Winter King and Queen?" I said, still oblivious.