𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒘𝒐.

Start from the beginning

"Aria—"

"I'll protect Percy Jackson. I swear on the River of Styx."

A rumble flowed over the sky and the deal was set. If she broke it... well, she wouldn't break it.

Ariadne said goodbye to Annabeth after lunch to join her brothers in the sword arena. They had asked for her to teach them a few things and to just train, she agreed.

Castor and Pollux held their swords while they watched her hold Lunacy, giving them a smirk. "Alright, who wants to go first?"

"I will."

She spun around to see Percy holding Riptide in hand, a smile over his lips. The girl raised an eyebrow before rolling her eyes. "Fine," she looked back towards her brothers, "it'll only be five seconds."

Percy narrowed his eyes while setting into a stance, Ariadne following him. "I'm better than you think, Ariadne." She tried not to flinch when he used her given name rather than her middle like he usually did. It hurt her, but she ignored it.

"I doubt it, Perseus."

Riptide swing at her head which she easily dodged. Her right hand brought out Lunacy and let it clash against his own blade. Percy used as much strength as he could to push against the blades but it was no match for her who had dug her feet into the ground.

She let her foot knock against his legs, he quickly stumbled and growled slightly. Riptide was closer to her arm and he made a move to swipe along her arm but she parried the blow, scratching him easily. "Not looking so good, are you, Kelp Head?"

Percy made a quick move and swiped her legs. She slipped to the ground as he pointed his sword at her throat. His foot rested against her own leg, "You've got something in your face, Curly Fry? Do you need something to wash it off." He was teasing her dirt covered face. Water splashed against her face before she growled, angry.

Castor and Pollux grinned knowing their sister would beat his ass.

Ariadne realized he forgot about her other foot and kicked him in the knee; hard. He let out a yelp before falling onto his butt, thinking against the dirt. She launched at him and tackled the boy, snatching Riptide from his hand and holding it in her own.

The girl dusted off her hands before stabbing the boy's sword into his shirt to keep him there. She looked at her brothers, "Lesson one: Never, underestimate your opponent.

Percy let out a growl before pulling Riptide from his shirt, standing up and giving her a glare. The boy waved a hand before a bucket of water splashed over her head.

Ariadne shouted at him, "SCREW YOU, KELP FACE!"

The boy just smirked until he landed flat on his face, vines tripping his feet continuously while he walked back to his cabin. He was petty and frustrated and he would destroy her at the race tomorrow.

***

SHE WAS TAUNTED WITH MEMORIES THAT NIGHT. Her first expectation was going to be the haunting dreams of Grover in danger and she couldn't do anything about it. But instead, she received memories that her brain stored form her childhood.

Yes, most kids shouldn't remember things from the age of three or four, but she did.

Her eyes followed the images of her eight year old self chasing after Luke:

"Lukey! That's cheating!"

Luke let out a laugh as he hid in a tree, "It's called being smart, Aria!"