Chapter 1 Legaci

It was Tuesday June 14 just a few days before my sweet 16 and we were boarding the Cruise ship. I can still remember that day so vividly in my mind. I can smell the salt water still lingers in the air all around me. I can feel the perfect breeze, cooling me from the blazing sun that was burning my chocolaty brown skin.

Almost our hole group was there together talking as we were bordering the ship. We stood there laughing and talking the entire time we were in line for check-in. That was one of those moments that I wished could have lasted forever. It felt so good just to hang there and just be us.

We were going to three Caribbean Islands. I'd been to a few islands before due to the fact that my uncle is in the army and was stationed there for around 13 months. So, I had went to go visit him once or twice while he was there. That means I knew some of the locals and things to do there, but there was one place I had never gone to. The natives of the islands were kinda known for the legends of the blood moon bay. supposedly every blood moon the bay turns from water to blood and the creepiest animals come out. I've always been to scared to go for that exact reason but the guys, Devin and Jaxon changed my mind by saying they wouldn't come if I didn't go there with them.

It was supposed to be an island advancer. Full of good times, new discoveries, and lasting memories, Well... there were plenty of lasting memories all right but I've been looking for a way to get rid of them.

Michel kept eagerly going on-n-on about how excited she was to see and do everything, telling us  "I can't wait to see the decorations! I bet you they are going to look amazing. Oh, and my dress, I, I mean your dress. but, I can't wait to put on my dress too!"

I looked over at her from were I was leaning on the wall and told her my mamma made all of the decorations. Then I began to describe how beautiful they were making sure to add on that she would love them. And she did. Probity way more that anyone else did. When the time came she examined them with such care because that was just the kind of person she was. M enjoyed the little thing. I told her only half jokingly that if I didn't know any biter I would say this was her sweet 16.

She was also quick to snap back saying that I shouldn't expect anything else because her sweet 16 was a hole year away. To be far that was true we were a hole year apart in age but in the same grade. I just looked at her trying to hold in a laugh because I couldn't take her seriously.

That's when Jaxon jumped in substantially large grin across his face, with his bright white teeth glimmering in the sunlight that was shining throw the large window beside us. He changed the topic to all the now foods we were soon to try and then agin to all the free food were where going to eat on the ship. All I could think about in that moment was to was wiping that cheesy smile right off his face, and- that's exactly what I did. I gave him a quick elbow to the chest as I said "me too" at the same time as Devan.

Jaxon was the little brother I never had, he was the youngest in the group, only 14. Devin and I have been friends since diapers. Both of our older brothers played for the same jr. teem  growing up. Later he played for the same team and I was his cheerleader on the sidelines. We have always done everything together. There was one thing that the three of us always had in com-in at any given time.

We were relentless when it came to food. That was all we would ever think about at that time, so you know our plates always had food on them. That is why when I found out that we were going in a crocus this summer the guys and I made a deal, that we would find something now that looked discussing in every place we go and eat it together.

Kemoni  looked at the three of us dead in the eye while still managing to roll her green eyes and said, "really guys is that all you look forward to this trip." I tried to respond but by then I couldn't hold in my laugh anymore. "but what El," Kemoni said loosely. Then the banter began. Giggling Michel mockingly said yah, "but what El"