• NINETEEN •

2012

2012

Cassandra jogged to the lab  Dr. Banner and Tony were in, along with Natasha and Steve. Tony and Steve were arguing, Bruce was looking stressed. Cassandra pulled Natasha to the side by her arm, leaning to her ear.

"Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Dr. Banner away from him, don't let him get angry."
"You talked to him?"
"Yes, it was a lovely performance on my part, but that's not the point."
"Yeah, I got it, keep Banner away from Loki, keep him in here. Don't let him get angry."
"Perfect. What are they arguing about?"
"Tony hacked into the system, Steve found out about Phase Two."
"You didn't know about that did you?"
"No clue."

Fury spoke up, trying to explain why Steve had found Hydra weapons in the storage room. The thought was enough to make Cassandra shudder, the thought that S.H.I.E.L.D could be Hydra. It scared her a bit, she didn't want to go back to that lifestyle.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're-"
"I'm sorry, Nick." Tony interrupted. The image of plans for a miss lie was pulled up onto the screen Tony was tapping on.
"Why were you lying?" Cassandra asked coldly.
"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve hissed.

Bruce looked to Cassandra, glaring harshly at her. She tensed up, curling and uncurling her fists, but keeping her face blank and neutral.

"Did you know about this?"
"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha suggested for her.
"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."
"Loki's manipulating you."
"And you've been doing what exactly?"
"You didn't come here cause I bat my eyelashes at you."
"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."
"Yes, Mr. Director, why is S.H.I.E.L.D using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction?" Cassandra asked, putting her hands on her hips.
"Because of him." Fury pointed to Thor.
"Me?" The god asked innocently.
"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."
"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."
"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

Cassandra sighed angrily, crossing her arms and pursing her lips like she did when she was little. She closed her eyes, taking deep breaths, in and out, in and out. She attempted to stay calm, knowing Dr. Banner was on edge as it was, if she lost control, it would only be worse. She looked over to the doctor, noticing his skin had a slight tone of green to it, his jaw was clenched, he was trying to contain the other guy. Natasha looked at her worried, but continued to argue with Fury.

DELIRIUM- MARVELOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara