• FIFTEEN •

2006

2006

Cassandra dipped and jumped to the music, following her routine carefully and precisely. Her hair spun in her face, making it hard to see. She looked up at the crowd when she stopped, and couldn't help feeling joyful as people clapped and cheered. She watched as little girls and boys smiled, standing up on their parents laps.

She ran backstage, and bumped into a young red headed woman. She apologized quickly, rushing to her dressing room. The woman she'd "accidently run into" was Natalia Romanova. She was reported to have been part of the Red Room, dangerous, high number of kills. This time she wasn't doing the killing part, it was Clint's job. Clint Barton was another agent at S.H.I.E.L.D, who had become very good friends with Cassandra.

She pulled her hair out of the tight bun it had been in, relieving her splitting headache. Cassandra untied the ribbons on her feet, and stretched her toes once they were out of the silky shoes.

"I have eyes on the target. That tracker you put on her was unnecessary, I can see all by myself." Clint reminded.
"Clint shut up, she can hear you."

Clint shut up, and Cassandra stuck her feet into boots, and pulled her hair back, wiping the makeup off her face. Her costume wasn't the puffy kind of skirt that stuck out a whole lot, instead it was a long skirt that could be patted down easily.

Cassandra pocketed the tube of red lipstick, and the pretty compact of eyeshadow, because they were much too expensive for her to buy with her own money, and they were very nice looking. She threw the backpack over her shoulder, and hopped on top of the vanity. She unscrewed the screws on the vent, and hopped inside, crawling inside the vents.

"Cassandra, could you get here a little faster please? I think she's catching on too me!" Clint said.

Cassandra kicked the grate on the other side, and jumped out, landing on the wet asphalt. She ran towards the street, and looked side to side, making sure she wouldn't get hit by a car or something.

"Clint where are you!" Cassandra shouted, running across the busy street.
"On top of the building to your, right! No, no, to your left!"
"I can't see you."
"I'll shoot an arrow down, don't worry, I won't hit you. I never miss."

Cassandra was about to make a snarky remark, but she noticed an arrow whizzing towards her and jumped out of the way. She looked to direction it had came from, and found Clint.

"I see you. Ok I'm coming up."

Cassandra ran into the building, assuming she looked rather stupid, wearing a ballet costume and combat boots and a ratty backpack over her shoulder. She pushed those feelings aside, and opened the door. Luckily there wasn't anybody inside, and she ran up the stairs, and up to the roof.

Clint was hiding behind an AC unit, and occasionally shooting arrows at the building across from them. She picked a gun out of her backpack, and shoved a magazine into it, and shot at the girl who poked her head out.

Natalia walked to the edge of the building she was on top of, touching the cement edge before sprinting forwards.

"Clint, she's not stopping," Cassandra said.
"Neither are we."

Clint jumped out of hiding, and charged the girl, and they met in the middle, smacking into eachother, and falling down. Cassandra screamed, and ran after them, crawling down the fire escape. She jumped to the ground, and cupped her hands around her mouth.

"Clint!" She shouted.
"I'm here," he said weakly, raising a hand at her from the dumpster.
"What about the target?"
"She's out. Not dead, but definitely unconscious."

Cassandra didn't drop her gun, but lowered it slightly so she could lift Clint and Natalia out of the dumpster. Natalia's eyes were shut, and she looked dirty, and there were large bags under her eyes.

"She looks so peaceful. I don't want to kill her," Clint said sadly.
"What should we do?"

Clint shrugged, and they stood in uncomfortable silence, trying to find ideas. Cassandra gasped and put a finger to her chin.

"I have a terrible idea."

••••••••••••••••••

Cassandra entered the cell, being careful not to make any sudden movements. Natalia looked up at her, tired and sad looking.

"Are you going to kill me?" The young woman asked quietly.

Cassandra shook her head, mouthing the word "no." She dropped to her knees in front of Natalia, who was scrunched up against the wall. She looked at her with kind eyes, knowing the horrors she'd been through, as Cassandra had been through them as well.

"I know how you feel."

The woman didn't say anything, she just sat there, looking down.

"I used to be one of you, back in the late thirties."
"We learned about you." Natalia said quietly.
"What did they tell you about me?"
"They said that you were one of the best, but you were chosen for Hydra, and then became a traitor. I don't remember much, I was just a little one."
"That's pretty accurate." Cassandra said, smiling with her teeth.
"Why didn't you kill me?"
"S.H.I.E.L.D took mercy on me, I intend to help others like me and you."
"I don't deserve to live anymore."
"Neither do I, Miss Natalia."

Cassandra cautiously placed a hand on the red head's shoulder, giving her a half smile. Natalia looked as if she wanted to slap Cassandra's hand away, but on the other hand, she looked like she needed it.

"How did you get over it?" Natalia asked finally.
"Over what?"
"Everything."
"I didn't. I live day by day regretting every thing I've ever done, whether it was spilling coffee on the counter, or killing innocent children when I was nine years old. But it gets better, not yet at least, but soon it has too."

Natalia looked down at her hands, which were shackled to together, she looked like she was thinking hard about something.

"What do you want from me?"
"Well, Miss Natalia, we want you to join S.H.I.E.L.D."

i love natasha.

and also sebastian stan, (THIS IS SOPHIE FROM THE FUTURE: I DO NOT LIKE SEBASTIAN STAN) but that's beside the point.
i don't think i got anything to say today, i hope you liked the chapter, and prepare for more nat.
love you 3000-