• TWO •

1943

1943

Cassandra sat in a meeting room. A folder was slid to her from the other side of the table. She opened it, and took a picture out of the paperclip holding it to the rest of the folder. She set the picture down beside her on the table, and read through the file.

"The Allies have developed a serum. Like the one Schmidt took from Doctor Erskine, except it's actually gonna work. Agent One, we'll need you to locate the serum and Erskine. Your cover name will be Agent Lucy Hawthorne, you work for the SSR, use your American accent for this job please." An agent told her.

She didn't know most of these people's names, she didn't think she was allowed to. And besides, it wasn't like she could just ask what their name was. They weren't allowed to call her by her name anyways. She leaned back in her chair, accidently rolling it into the wall.

"Yes sir. When do I start?" She asked.

•••••••••••••

Cassandra climbed out of the jeep. An old looking man came forward to greet her. They shook hands, and she gave him a smile.

"Colonel Phillips, pleasure to meet you." He said.
"Agent Hawthorne, SSR, pleasure to meet you as well." Cassandra said with her fake accent.
"I'll take you to your bunk and let you unpack." Phillips said.

Cassandra opened the door to the small cabin. Two cots and a small bathroom, along with one dresser, was all that occupied the room. She heard scuffling in the bathroom, and she slid a small knife out of her sleeve, and quietly walked towards the bathroom.

A woman with brown hair and brown eyes stepped out of the bathroom with holding a brush, poised to attack. They noticed each other and set down their weapons. Cassandra gave her a smile, and set her bag on the cot that didn't look occupied.

"Hi, my name's Agent Lucy Hawthorne, are you, um, Agent Carter?" Cassandra asked.
"Peggy Carter, pleased to meet you." Peggy said, sticking a hand out.

They shook hands, and Peggy explained to her which drawers she could have. Cassandra put her clothes, which wasn't much, into the first drawer, becuase she only had that.

Peggy had a British accent, and Cassandra realized she'd heard of her. Margaret Carter, previously with the S.O.E. but now with the SSR. This woman had a very high number of kills, and she was almost enemy number one for Hydra. Almost.

"I love your accent. I always wanted to be from England." Cassandra said.

This wasn't really a lie. She thought England was pretty. She liked the sound of the accent, the rain, the architecture. She didn't know how she knew that, something about taking a trip with somebody to London before she was taken. It was all a bit fuzzy.