Her sword clashed with every other weapon she came into contact with. Her limbs ached from continually swinging her arms and kicking her legs. Cuts and bruises littered her arms after each attacker, but she left more damage than they. A hefty sigh escaped her lips as she attempted to take a breather. The Telmarines were ruthless. The sound of metal cut through the air, if she hadn't been listening she wouldn't have heard the deadly weapon being unsheathed. "Ah, a little Princess." Mila turned on her heel quickly, "Queen." She simply stated before colliding swords with the opposing man. Her grip was loose around her sword due to the painful bruising of her knuckles. A kick came her way, taking her off guard as she flung towards the wall. "It'll be a pleasure killing a Queen." A snarky remark came from the mouth of the enemy, his eyes dark and piercing as he looked into the struggling ones of Queen Mila. A few flashes of Edmund's flashlight were seen out of the corner of her eye. "Oh no." She mumbled as she fought back the Telmarine. She counted to thirty in her head before hearing the shrieking of the Gryphon that was supposed to take her to safety.

A sigh of relief escaped Edmund's lips as he watched the gryphon fly away. Mila was safe. At least he thought. Before his thoughts took him back to the Telmarines that were breaking through the door to get to the Just King.

An emotion Mila had never felt took over her system as she dodged the killing machine that was being thrown vastly towards her. Fear. She had missed her only way out, she wasn't in control of the dance she and the enemy were in, instead, she was helpless. Mila's sword lay on the floor, helpless to her as the Telmarine did everything he could to harm her. More and more cuts littered her skin. She could feel the blood fall from her face. Queen Mila hadn't felt this helpless in forever, well, since she was Princess Mila trapped in a wardrobe. 

'Your not helpless Mila,' a male voice filled her head. 'You had hope of getting out of a mess for hundreds of years and then Peter and the Pevensies came along, don't give up now!" The voice was her father, he'd always been there for her, like a Guardian Angel. And he was right, she wasn't some helpless Queen. She was hopeful, she was a warrior Queen. And it may have taken her all, but in one quick motion, Mila ducked from the harsh blade as she dove to the floor. Her sword, her father's sword was now in her grasp, and with one swipe, the soldier who held all of the power, lay lifeless on the floor. 'That's my little girl.'

Mila pauses over her victim for a few moments, she had always hated the killing part of fighting, even if it was for the good of her kingdom. She had always felt some small guilt, however, that guilt never came further than the odd late-night thought that would keep her up until the early hours of the morning. "Fall back!" The loud yelling of her husband was heard. "We need to retreat! Now!" She heard his calls distantly. They were losing. The Narnians were losing.

Mila began her rush to the courtyard, Peter was definitely going to find out she was there. So she may as well leave with him, safe and sound. She rushed through the dark hallways of the dim castle, her sword swinging in all directions to end every soldier that attempted to stop her retreat.

It felt as though she was running in slow motion, the shouts, and the screams all deafening. The sound of metal hitting metal where so low she could barely hear it. The loud banging of the gate entrance to the castle courtyard shutting was barely heard over the shouts of no other than Peter Pevensie. "Mila." "That's Mila." "No, she's with Lu," Susan told him until she saw her for herself...

Mila shoved herself through the crowd of helpless Narnians. "I told you to stay at the table." He whispered, his ocean eyes glossy. "I know, I'm sorry," Mila whispered back, her bruised hands holding his. "You didn't listen to me." He said he wasn't mad, nor angry, just sad to see her in such a state. "I'll be alright, I'll find a way out." She hurriedly told him, although she knew she was definitely going to meet her untimely demise. "I can't lose you." The Magnificent King mumbled, a few tears tumbling down his cheeks. Mila raised her hand to his face, and she brushed them gently. "I love you Peter Pevensie." She whispered, tears coating her cheeks also as she kissed his trembling lip. "Now go." She whispered, her small, delicate hands pushing him away slightly. "No, I'm not leaving you." Mila sighed, "You have to, Narnia needs you. Lucy and Ed and Susan need you." She retook his hand gently and kissed it softly. The beautiful, hopeful Queen glanced at Glenstorm and Susan. A small and sad smile on her face, "Peter,  go." She shuddered, "Please go, I don't want you to see what will happen next. Please leave." The usually brave Queen was sobbing now, as her King helplessly held her.

Glenstorm nodded to his children, "We'll protect her till the death, Your Majesty." One said to Peter as he remained clutching Mila. "Peter the bridge!" Caspian called. "Peter," she muttered quickly, "Take this." She said unbuckling her sword and sheathe. "I don't want the Telmarines touching it". She grunted through her tears as a centaur handed her a spare sword he had on his back. "Now go," she said kissing him one last time. "I love you Mila." She heard him say before the sound of hooves distanced. She let out another shaky breath before glancing at the remainder of their army. "Until the death?" She shakily asked. "Until the death." The majority of them replied before turning to face the worst.

 Edited - 20/04/2023