S1 E2: "The Gilmore's First Day at Chilton" (Part 1)

Mulai dari awal

"So are you ready for today?" I asked Rory who was sat at the table eating her own pop tart as I leaned against the counter.

"Yeah, I'm so excited! I can't wait to get my schedule." She animated. "Me too. I hope we could get some classes together so I don't feel like that awkward new girl." I hoped as I grabbed my tarts from the toaster and took a seat.

"But we are that awkward new girl." Rory teased. "Yeah, but then I'm not alone." I slightly shook my head and took a bit.

"It's seven where is she?" Rory asked me. "I have no idea. Normally she's already down her." I answered. "And has had some coffee." She added.

"Very true. And she won't miss coffee." I agreed. We waited and waited and once the clock said 7:10 we ran upstairs to find mom still asleep.

"MOM!" Rory yelled as she was the first into her room. "What, god. Hi." Mom gasped as she woke. "What are you doing!" I yelled at her in her bed. "Having a heart attack." She said grabbing a pillow and turning over.

"WE thought you were up!" Rory said grabbing the pillow. "It's 7:10!" I exclaimed. "What?" She mumbled. "IT"S 7:10!" Rory yelled louder. "No." Mom said starting to drift off again. I shook her and said, "It's 7:10!"

"Stop it! It's a quarter till 6." She complained and grabbed her pillow back from Rory. "No. It's not!" Rory argued. "Yes, it is!" Mom argued back.

"I set the clock for a quarter till six." I grabbed the furry blue clock to show her that it was indeed 7:10. "It's 7:10!" Mom exclaimed as she rushed out of her bed, throwing the covers and sheets everywhere.

"We can't be late on the first day of school!" Rory yelled as we watched mom scurry around the room. "Do you know what happens to people when they are late on their first day?" Rory asked. I gave mom a break and said, "No," Cause I honestly didn't even know.

"For the rest of the year they are labeled the late girl." She answered me showing no sign of stopping. "Ooh! So dramatic!" Mom sarcastically said.

"Where's the bathroom?" She asked. I pushed her out of her room to the bathroom. "We have to go!" I exclaimed. "What if there's traffic!" Rory yelled from behind us. "MOM!" Rory whined.

"I had the whole day planned, you know." She started after she shut the bathroom door. Rory and I waited outside the door. "I was gonna get up early. I was gonna get coffee. I was gonna take a shower. I was gonna pick up my clothes from the dry cleaners." She gasped from behind the door, she opened it and said, "Oh, my god. My clothes." as if it just hit her. "What!" I said annoyed that she wasn't ready.

"I-I don't have any clean clothes." She worriedly said walking back to her room. "7:15!" I informed her as we walked. "All my nice things were dirty."

"It's 7:16." I said again as she looked in her closet. "Oh, my god. I was gonna wear the blue suit with the flippy skirt. I look so great in the flippy skirt." She tried as Rory and I stood there with arms crossed.

"It's 7:17!" I gave her an eye. "Okay, you know what time lady? Why don't you go downstairs and warm up the car. That would be super." She said and pushed us out of her room. "Just hurry!" Rory exclaimed as we made our way downstairs.

"This sucks! This sucks! This sucks!" We heard mom yell to herself. "It's 7:18!" I yelled up to her. "Oh! For the love of god!" She screamed back.

Rory and I went down stairs to wait for her. I grabbed the keys that were placed next to the phone and ran outside to start the car. Once I started the car I left the keys in and ran back inside since it was a little cold outside today. As I walked inside mom was just coming downstairs wearing a bright pink ti-die shirt and ripped shorts.