S1 E6 : "Birthday Parties" (Part 2)

"Thank god you're finally here." I complained as I turned the corner to the hall to see Tristan walking through the front door.

"What you missed me already?" He cheekily said as he placed his hands in his pockets, stopping near the entrance.

"No, I am just thoroughly bored and in major need of some amusement." I told him as we stood in the hall.

He smirked, "Well I'm glad that you find me amusing." He smiled, "Where's my birthday kiss?" He questioned as he took a step closer and gestured to his cheek.

"You do realize that it's my birthday, right?" I asked as I smiled, knowing that I beat him in his little game.

"So I'll give you a birthday kiss." He stated as he took another step closer.

I chuckled to myself and closed my eyes.
How did I not see that, that would backfire.

"I have a boyfriend, Tristan." I whispered with a small smile, almost as if it hurt to say to him. He huffed as his smirk dropped a little, but he quickly recovered.

"He's a lucky guy," He started, sounding very sincere, it was strange. "Though I'm pretty sure I would be a better boyfriend." He added, returning to the Tristan I knew.

"Eva!" Grandpa exclaimed as he saw me. "Who's your friend?" Grandpa asked.

"Um, this is Tristan." I hesitantly introduced the two as we still stood in the hall.

"Excuse me?" Grandpa asked again from behind me, wanting a further introduction.

"Tristan Dugray, sir." Tristan said, taking charge as he held his hand out.

"Dugray?" Grandpa spoke aloud, seeming a little surprised but nothingless shook Tristan's hand, "Are you in relation to Janlen Dugray?" Grandpa interrogated as I stood awkwardly next to him.

"That's my grandfather, sir." Tristan answered. I think this was the most polite I have ever seen him. It was kinda funny to watch.

"Well I've done business with Janlen for years. He's a fine man." Grandpa continued the conversation, although in my head I wish he would give up so Tristan and I could continue our own conversation. I mean the reason I was desperate for him to show was to get out of conversations like this one.

"He is." Tristan agreed with my Grandfather.

"Eva, you have very good taste in friends." Grandpa commented to me. "I approve." I smiled up at him, not wanting to be rude.

I was about to agree when a man behind Grandpa and I called for him, wanting to talk about Dennis again.

"He likes me." Tristan whispered as if it were a secret.

"Yeah, well he's also drunk." I smirked as I leaned over to him a little.

He smirked back knowing that he had one my Grandfather over, "C'mon let's take a walk." He offered as he gestured his head to the back.

"Sure." I huffed out in agreement. I didn't plan on being alone with Tristan, but some space to breathe would be nice.

He smiled and started to walk to the back doors. I followed closely behind him passing several guests including Paris and Brook.

~~~

Tristan and I had been doing laps around my Grandparents backyard for the past hour now. It was a peaceful setting and there was no pressure to talk, though we did every now and then, but when it got silent it wasn't awkward, just calm.

It was funny how someone I thought I would end up hating was standing right next to me on my birthday, at a party that I wish I wasn't at, being the only reason I hadn't blown up at my grandmother. Somehow I let myself enjoy his company and I wasn't going to complain about it.