S1 E1 : "Pilot" (Part 1)

I was sat in class patiently waiting for that stupid bell to ring letting us know that school was officially over for the day. I watched as the clock ticked it's way around in a circle.

I was in Science my last class for the day, my day has been really boring. I haven't caused any trouble today which I think surprised some people, but oh well I really don't care.

"Eva!" Mrs. Wansart spoke, but you know that voice that the teacher makes when they are trying to get your attention only to tell you to pay attention, yeah that voice.

"Yes." I said as I rolled my eyes. "Were you paying attention?" She quizzed me. "Yes..." I lied, but when I looked at the board I already knew what we were learning. "Well what did I just say th-" The bell cut her off. I guess I was saved by the bell, thank god.

I picked up my bag like the rest of the students and wander off into the hallways. I walked outside to the tree where Rory and I meet after school.

"Boo!" I loudly said into her ear from behind. She was sat reading yet again another book. "Hey, what was that for?" She jumped, scared to raise her voice here. "I don't know, just felt like it." I replied with a shrug.

"Come on. Let's go see mom." Rory spoke as if she was annoyed with me and took off towards Lukes. I laughed and slightly jogged to catch up with her. "I know your not upset." I said once I caught up. "Yeah, well I'm crabby." She snapped. "Okay, jezz." Lukes wasn't far from school so that was the end of our conversation cause we were here.

"Hey, it's freezing." Rory said as we took our seats at the first table. "Aw, what do you need tea, coffee?" Mom asked. "Lip gloss." Rory answered. "And I will take you up on that coffee offer." I said as Lorelai reached down in her bag to reach the lip gloss. "I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and toasted marshmallow." Mom gave us the bag.

"Anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal?" I questioned kinda already knowing the answer. "Yes," She said as she pulled another make up kit out of her bag. "It has no smell, but it changes colors with your mood." Lorelai informed. "God RuPaul doesn't use this much make up." Rory came up with a reference.

"Well your crabby." I said with a chuckle from earlier. "I'm sorry. I lost my Macey Grey cd and I need some caffeine." Rory implied. "About time, me too." I agreed.

"Oh, and I have your cd." Mom said, pulling yet again something from her bag. "Thief." Rory called. "Sorry, I will get you both some coffee." Mom said as she got up from her chair.

"Hey," This random guy came over. "Uh, hi." I greeted. "I just came from out of town." He said. "Do you like it?" Rory asked. "Yeah, I've never been through here before." He commented, before mom came back and said, "Oh, you have, too."

"Oh hi." He said to mom. "Oh hi. You really like my table, don't you?" She sarcastically replied back. Rory and I looked at each other confused. "I was just uh." He tried to explain.

"Getting to know my daughters." Mom dropped the bomb. "Your.." He started. "Are you my new daddy?" Rory joked. "Wow you do not look old enough to have daughters. No, I mean it. And you two do not look like daughters." He tried to save himself.

"That's possibly very sweet of you. Thanks." I said. "So... daughters." He said, still surprised. Lorelai just nodded her head 'yes'. "You know I am traveling with a friend." He tried. "Their sixteen." Mom was quick to say. "Bye." He said and walked off.

Honestly I didn't mind him, wasn't too bad looking. I've been with a few guys that were older before one was even a Junior. Nothing normally lasts, just one or two dates.

Mom sat back down and we chuckled about it for a while making jokes back and forth as we drank our afternoon coffee.

~~~