Chapter 8

(Rin pov)

"GET THE TEST!" The figure shouted as I was taken away to decide my fate.

Yeah, that was six years ago, I'm twenty-two now and I lived, I passed the exorcist test. Things for me have changed quite a bit through the years. I've grown up a lot... OKAY OKAY! A little! At least mentally I have, physically not so much. I look like I did six years ago, I asked Mephisto about it three years ago and he said my demon blood now overrules my human, maybe if the sword hadn't broke I would have aged but it's no matter now. 

My life has changed since I've now gained the respect from most of the exorcists there are still the odd few who find me a 'disgusting creature' or 'a vowel demon damn' or 'bastard son of Satan' as they say. But most of the time I have the respect of the exorcists. 

I've seen many parts of Japan as I've worked in many Japanese branches. I've also been to America once, it's quite nice there and different from Japan but nit's nice. I brought back a little trinket from there as well and it's on my keys.

Speaking of keys I'm about to use the one that brings me to True Cross. This will be my first time being there in six years. I don't think it will have changed in the time I've been gone but who knows.

I step out the door and look around the large city, I smile at the sight of the people chatting and walking around in the town below. "What do you think Kuro? Been a while since we've been here." I say with a smile and Kuro meows happily in which I hear: "Yeah, it has! I can't wait to run around here! You think we can play tonight?!" Kuro asks brightly and I give a sheepish smile. "Maybe, but I'm just getting back so I might be a little tired so how about tomorrow if we're not busy?" I ask and he jumps up and down and soon leaves my shoulder to see the old sights we once saw every day. 

I make my way to Mephisto's office and tell him here and he was cunning as ever and I never liked that part about him. What am I talking about?! ALL he is is cunning! 'Damn clown.' I take my time to walk down the old hallway of Cram school and decide to visit my old classroom. What I wasn't counting on was finding Izumo and Suguro there.

I step in not expecting to find anyone I look around and see two faces staring at me and they weren't exactly strangers just people I knew but a lot older. "RIN?!" Both Izumo and Bon stand up in shock. "Yeah..." I reply sheepishly not expecting to see them there the next thing I find is that I'm caught in a hug of two people. They soon elt go. "We missed you!" Bon exclaimed excitedly. "I missed you too," I say a little quieter. I found myself quite nervous as the last time I saw them was years ago. "GOD DAMNIT BON YOU'RE SCARIN' HIM!" Izumo shouts at Bon. "Shut it poka brow!" Bon shouts back. "Damn you guys are more childish than me and that's saying something." I raise an eyebrow. "I'm too happy to be mad at you." Bon sighs with a smile and I give a laugh. And they lead me to where they were sitting. 

"Man it's been what? Six years since we've seen each other." Bon asks. He's a lot taller than he was and he also looks a lot more muscular and his hair is not dyed either, it's still short and said shaved. 

Izumo had same length hair but tied in one ponytail. She's grown quite a bit since but nowhere near Bon's hight he's like a fucking giant. That's the one thing I hate about being immortal, I'm always shorter than everyone my age or adults in general, I have the body of a sixteen-year-old. 

"Yeah, it really has been a long time," I say and we start to catch up on stuff that has happened. Apparently Izumo stayed here and Bon went off to Kyoto and came back just over a year ago.  I was happily sitting with them until the talk of the paladin comes up. "And Yukio became the paladin." My eyes widen and I look down thinking. 'He became paladin, that's a great achievement, I'm only at Upper Second Class.' Then the scary thoughts come in. 'If he's paladin he has a lot of power and persuasion on the Grigori meaning he could do what he likes to me...' I get broken from my thoughts by Bon.

"N!"

"IN!"

"RIN!"

"HELLO EARTH TO RIN!"  Bon shouts and I look up and try to catch up with what was happening but realized I was still with Izumo and Bon. "Rin?" I look at him and I try to hide the fear that was coming up again. "Are you... Still afraid of Yukio?" I look down and stutter on my words. "Y-Yeah... I-i th-ink I a-am..." I tell him and feel my stomach coil. I soon feel arms around me. "We won't let him do anything to you alright Rin?" He asks to make sure I understand and I nod. 

We stay silent for a few minutes until I realize I have to head to the Grigori for information mission. "Shit! I've got to go to the Grigori!" I stand up and rush out the classroom with a quick 'goodbye and nice see you.' 

Time skip

(Rin pov)

I was standing before the Grigori with Bon and Izumo as I found out they were coming on the same mission as well.

"You will be going on a mission that a team before you have failed so we're sending you three on it along with the backup of the paladin."