Chapter 10: Christmas

Hermione opened her eyes and was right away confronted with Draco’s peaceful features. A small smile appeared on her face as her eyes travelled over his face. She loved looking at him like this. He had been so stressed lately because of work. There was a lot going on and he had a lot on his mind. Hermione had taken most of the wedding planning onto her own plate, trying to relief Draco from that stress factor. But the problem was Draco wanted to help with the wedding planning, which she hadn’t really expected but one way or another she also absolutely did. But she wished he didn’t care about it as much as he did, it would mean he would be less stressed then he was now. The moment he would open his eyes the worried frown would appear back on his face. Hermione was glad they both had a few days off from work. Not only Draco had been having a busy time at work, Hermione herself did too. She had been promoted a month ago which meant she had more responsibilities. But the thought of spending the evenings together with Draco, snuggled up on the couch, made it possible for her to go through the day with a smile plastered on her face. Hermione turned around and got out of bed before silently sneaking out of their bedroom. Hermione walked towards the kitchen and made herself some tea before walking to the living room and sitting down on the couch. Hermione turned to look outside and to her surprise it was snowing and it probably had been for a while, because there was a thick layer of snow outside down on the streets. Hermione smiled to herself as the realisation started to sink in. It was Christmas. It would be a white Christmas this year. Hermione got up from the couch and walked to the bedroom. She sat down on her side of the bed before leaning down and pressing her lips against Draco’s temple before placing her hand on his cheek.
‘Draco wake up, it’s Christmas.’ she said softly.
‘Draco.’ she said placing another kiss to his cheek.
‘Wake up, it’s Christmas babe.’ she told him softly.
Draco slowly opened his eyes and looked up at her. A smile appeared on his face before he slowly pulled her down and let her lie down next to him. He wrapped his arm around her before slightly pulling her closer and pressing a small kiss to her nose.
‘Merry Christmas.’ Draco whispered.
Hermione smiled.
‘Merry Christmas.’
‘How did you sleep?’ Hermione asked softly, tracing small circles with her finger on his bare arm.
‘Like a baby.’ he smiled.
‘Good. Ready for breakfast?’
‘In a minute, for now just sssh.’ Draco shushed pressing his lips softly against hers.

Hermione smiled at the sight of the children playing in the snow in Hyde Park. Throwing snowballs at each other, making a snowman. Draco gave Hermione a slight squeeze in her hand and Hermione looked over at him only to see him smiling down at her.
‘What were you thinking?’
‘Oh nothing.’ Hermione chuckled.
‘You’ve been quiet, is something on your mind?’ Draco asked.
Hermione shook her head and sighed.
‘I just sometimes wonder what would’ve happened if I hadn’t ran away.’ Hermione said.
Draco wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pressed her close to him.
‘I think that you running away had been a good decision.’ Draco said kissing the top of her head.
‘How can you know?’
‘Oh just a feeling.’ Draco shrugged.
Hermione looked up at him and gives him a small smile.
‘Do you think we’ll be fine?’ Hermione asked.
Draco nodded.
‘I’m sure we will be.’ Draco said.

‘Oh Molly, it’s so good to see you.’ Hermione said giving the woman a kiss on the cheek before passing her in the doorway.
‘It’s so good to see the two of you! How have you been? And do you have any information on the wedding?’ Mrs Weasley asked.
‘We’re fine, and no information on the wedding yet.’ Draco smiled before kissing her cheek and walking after his fiancé.
‘Hey Gin, how are you?’ Hermione smiled as she hugs her best friend.
‘I’m fine, extremely tired though.’ Ginny smiled.
‘Aren’t we all.’ Hermione winked before hugging Harry.
Hermione had thought they were on time, but everyone was there already. Which meant they were all way too early, or she didn’t get the memo of the new time.
‘Go sit, go sit.’ Mr Weasley smiled after Hermione and Draco had said hi to everyone.
It was rare to have everyone together. Even Charlie was here to celebrate Christmas with all of them. Hermione looked across the table to see Teddy happily talking to his Godfather. He had grown so much and he started to look more and more like his father. Though with some movements you could see Tonks shining through. Next to Andromeda, whom was sitting on the other side of Teddy, was an empty seat.
‘Who are we expecting?’ Hermione asked.
Mrs Weasley smiled as she walked to the hallway again to open the door one last time for, who Hermione assumed, was the mystery guest. Hermione looked over at Draco who was talking to Ginny across the table. It was nice to celebrate Christmas with everyone again. The past few years they had just stayed at home or went somewhere else together, but now when they got the invite of Mrs and Mr Weasley they couldn’t resist to come.
‘Mum?’ Draco all of a sudden said next to Hermione.
Hermione turned to look at Draco again before looking in the same direction as him. Hermione raised her eyebrows when she saw Narcissa walking in after Mrs Weasley.
Narcissa said hi to everyone before sitting down next to Andromeda.
‘Thank you all for coming this year. It’s always great to see all of your faces together for once. Merry Christmas and enjoy the food.’ Mrs Weasley smiled before sitting down herself at the head of the table.

After everyone had finished their desserts they stayed in the same spot, chatting to one another. Hermione was in a conversation with Fleur, whom was sitting next to her, when Ginny all of a sudden asked for their attention. Hermione looked over at her, just like everyone else and waited for what Ginny was going to tell them.
‘I figured there would not be a better time to tell everyone that Harry and I are pregnant, well I am pregnant.’ Ginny smiled.
‘That’s amazing Gin! Congratulations!’ Hermione said standing up along with the rest of them to congratulate the happy couple.
‘’ow long ‘ave you known?’ Fleur asked with her French accent shining through.
‘Two months now.’ Ginny smiled.
Fleur smiled as she picked Victoire up, who was pulling on her dress.
‘Well if this is not a good end for the day, I’m not sure what will be.’ Draco smiled hugging Ginny.

‘It was a good day, wasn’t it?’ Draco smiled wrapping his arm around Hermione’s waist as they laid face to face in bed.
‘It really was, I’m so happy for Ginny and Harry.’ Hermione smiled.
‘Me too.’
‘Can’t believe she’s pregnant.’ Draco chuckled.
‘It’ll chance their whole lives.’ Hermione agreed.
Draco smiled and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.
‘Do you ever think of kids?’
‘I see them every day at work, so yeah.’
‘I mean of us having kids.’ Draco chuckled.
‘Oh, I honestly haven’t given it much thought yet. I mean we’re both having our careers and we’re still young. We aren’t even married yet.’ Hermione said.
‘We will be soon though.’
‘Yes, but still.’
‘So you don’t want children?’
‘Not right not at least.’ Hermione said in all honesty.
Draco nodded.
‘But of course I want children with you, someday, but just not right now. I feel like we’ve still got so much to do before we commit to starting our own little family. Plus they are a lot of work and at the moment I’m happy with just being together, you and me, just the two of us.’
Draco nodded again as Hermione placed her hand on his cheek.
‘I love you.’ she whispered.
‘I love you too.’ Draco said.
Hermione softly placed her lips against his before she rested her head on his chest and snuggled up to him.

A/N:

Hi there,

It is finally Christmas! I've been looking forward to this moment for 364 days! And it's finally here! So I figured why not just give you an update as a Christmas present from me to you :) Hope you'll like the chapter!

The question of this week is: How excited have you been for Christmas on a scale from 1 to 10?
My answer: if I could type numbers in caps lock I would've done that right now; a massive 10!

I hope you'll have a wonderful day and I'll speak to you again upcoming Saturday :)

lots of love

xxc