Chapter Three

(First scene is exactly like the picture, except they aren't sitting down.)

Hinata,
I clutched the piece of paper in my hand as I rushed toward Naruto's new home. I wonder how he got it? Was it because of rent? Well, it's none of my business, all that matters is that his home is better than what it was. I continued walking when I heard a familiar voice. I stopped abruptly and hid behind a wall and strained my ears to hear what he was saying. I took a peek at the person he was talking to. Red outfit, pasty skin, green eyes, pink hair... Sakura!

"Will... go out with me?..." He asked. I gasped, he was asking her out!? Sure, I didn't hear the whole thing but he wasn't asking me out! The next thing I heard tore my mind, heart and soul apart. My back hit the wall with a quiet thud as I listened to what was happening in shock.

"Of course!" Sakura said yes?! How could she?! She knows how much I love Naruto, heck, I even showed her my diary! I told her all my fantasies, she helped me rehearse how I was going to confess to him... And now she stabs me in the back and says yes to the boy she abused, bullied and neglected... How does Naruto still love her enough to ask her out?! My back slid down the wall as my butt hit the ground. I hugged my knees and wept.

But... The two most precious people in my life finally found the love they needed, wanted and deserved... They are both happy and I should be happy for them too... But this jealousy and anger and sadness just naw at what's left of my heart and soul...

I took another peek at them and saw them hugging.

"That's great!"

This is just too much to bear... Tears welled up in my eyes and threatened to fall once again. I stood up quickly and sprinted the other direction. I don't know where I'm going, but I don't care. I just want to go somewhere far away from there. I clamped my eyes shut and let the tears fall heavily. I sprinted down the streets of Konoha randomly. I suddenly had an idea of where I want to go, my only source of comfort, my only motherly-figure. Lady Tsunade. I continued to sprint to the Hokage office, bawling my eyes out.

I waited outside the tower, waiting for my sobbing to settle a bit. My cries were reduced to sniffles and a few stray tears. I walked up to the office and knocked lightly on the door. A loud 'Come in' was heard. I opened the door slowly with my head hanging down.

"L-lady Tsu-Tsunade?..." She looked up at me and instantly got up and walked over to me. She pulled me into a warm, comforting hug. She closed the door behind me with her free arm and released me.

"Hinata, what's wrong?"

"I saw Naruto-kun asking Sakura-chan out... Sakura-chan said yes..." I looked up at Lady Tsunade with watery eyes and a tear stained face. She gave me a look of sympathy and took me into another embrace.

"Sakura-chan was my best friend... She knew how much I loved Naruto-kun... I don't understand why she said yes... She loves Sasuke-San, doesn't she?!" I broke down and sobbed into Tsunade's shirt.

"Hinata, I hate seeing you like this. I have a feeling that things will turn for you... Please don't cry... And don't go and start cutting, missy!" She warned.

Tsunade,
"Hinata, there is something I can't tell you about that is coming up, but what I can tell you is that it will change your life for the good. So try not to be in the dumps too much longer. Okay?" I looked down at my tear stained shirt and laughed.

"I guess I can say that I spilt a little bit of sakė to cover up this little incident..." I giggled. I looked up at Hinata and she was giggling too. It's good to know that you have lifted someone's spirit over a joke about something bad.

"BAA-CHAN!!!" I heard an annoying voice call out to me.
"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING ME THAT?!" I yelled back as I hit him on the head. He rubbed his head painfully.
"Owowow! I was just gonna ask you something!"
"What is it, Naruto-Baka?" I said trying to annoy him. He rolled his eyes I'm response to my insult.
"I think I have an illness..."
"Oh really? What symptoms have you had?"
"Well, my heart starts beating really really quickly and my face feels like it's burning and I get really nervous... But it only happens when I think about Hinata..." Oh my gosh! Hahaha! Can't this Baka see it? Is he really that dense? He's in love with Hinata! Man, I've been waiting for this for so long!
"Naruto, you really are a dense Baka! Can't you see it? You're in love!"
"In l-love!?"
"Yep!"
"But I love Sakura..."
"Do you feel like that when you think about her?"
"No..."
"Then you don't love Sakura like hug and kiss, but maybe you love her as a sibling you never had."
"So... I love Hinata?..." He questioned more to himself.
"How long have you been like this?"
"Since a bit before the match between Neji and Hinata at the chuunin exams... Even saying her name makes me feel warm..." He whispered that last part. His face was as red as a ripe tomato. Ohhhh THIS IS PRICELESS!!!!
"I know! I'll ask her out!"
"Go for it, Naruto!" And with that, he sprinted out of my office. I slumped back into my chair and interlocked my fingers to rest my chin on them. That boy is so hyperactive.

Hmmmmm..... He must have gone to Sakura to help him find a way to ask her out and Hinata must have come at the wrong time....
"Hinata... What did you see Naruto and Sakura do?" I could see her freeze as I said that.
"Sorry Hinata, it may hurt but I need to know."
"N-Naruto-kun asked her to go out with her, but I c-couldn't hear the whole th-thing and she replied: Of course! A-and Naruto-Kun said Great! And then they hugged. After that, I-I..... I just couldn't b-bear it." She said as her eyes became overcast.

"Hinata, I think this might be a misunderstanding. He wasn't asking her out, he was asking her if another girl would." After I said that, I could see droplets drip from her face. Shit! I said the wrong thing. Suddenly, someone burst the door off it's hinges.

"N-naruto!?" Hinata and I said in unison.