UNDER THE RAIN // JIKOOK

“Can you, for once, stop meddling to everything that i do? Stop being annoying!” Jimin was taken aback from the younger's words. The words kept on ringing in Jimin's ears, it's making him hazy, the searing pain in his chest, a lump forming on his throat and tears that wants to come out of his eyes yet he won't let them fall. He took a deep breath, gathering all the courage he has, trying not to cry in front of him and intensely looked at Jungkook.

“Is that really what you think?” Jungkook stayed silent. He's just standing there trying to avoid the older's glaring gaze at him, his breathing is becoming unstable. Jungkook can't think straight, this shouldn't have happened, he didn't meant to say those things to him but how can he take it back when it already hurted the older.

“Why Jungkook? Just why? You're just so close yet you feel so far to reach.” Jimin said in a low voice, as if those words are draining him.

“Then, don't”

Jimin was stunned, trying to process those 2 words that Jungkook said to him, maybe, he really finds him troublesome. Does Jungkook felt forced to be with him and bear with his annoying ass? Is this really how he felt towards him? negative thoughts are clouding Jimin's mind and he can't stop those, it's eating him up.

A tear escaped in his eyes, Jimin breathed deeply

“Fine then, I won't care about you anymore so do whatever you want” Jimin said in gritted teeth and shaky voice while intensely pointing his index finger to Jungkook and stormed out of the practice room, slamming the door behind him.

The loud bang from the door made Jungkook to come back to his senses, it felt like cold water was poured all over his body. Jungkook slumped to the floor, hugged his knees, and just let all those tears fall from his eyes. He's blaming himself for what happened, he was frustrated throughout the day that he ends up with a sudden outburst and Jimin was there to be the receiving end.

Jimin, on the other hand, walked his way to his house. It'll take him 20 minutes to arrive home but he thinks it's also a good way to maybe calm himself and think about what happened today. What did he do wrong? all he did is to show affection to the younger, to care for him, remind him what to do and to inform him what he should and shouldn't do. Is that too much for him? Does that really irritates Jungkook? Jimin doesn't know. Yet, even if he told the younger he wouldn't care anymore that's impossible that became his routine already, it's hard to go throughout a day without Jungkook.

Jimin felt droplets of water against his skin, he extended his hand and felt the droplets on it. The rain is about to fall.

“I think it's going to rain. I better hurry home”

It took Jimin 10 minutes or more to arrived to his house. Taking his shoes off, he immediately went to his room and just slumped at his bed. Today is just so draining, he just wants to doze off to sleep, and forget everything that happened today.

“Did Jungkook got home? the rain is getting heavier” he unconsciously uttered, and let himself drift to sleep.

-
“Where did he go?” Jungkook is running under the light rainfall searching for Jimin at every alley and store that he might went to but to no avail the older was nowhere to be found. He kept searching for Jimin until the place becames unfamiliar for him but that didn't stop him.

The younger realized his fault, that Jimin only wants nothing but the best for him, that the older just wanted for him to feel comfortable and he has Jimin to rely on but all he did was to push him away. Every time Jimin steps forward to him he'll step twice or more backwards away. It's not because he doesn't like it but because Jungkook is afraid, there's something inside him that keeps wanting more of Jimin and he can't understand what that is.

Minutes are passing by and the rain is getting heavier as well, losing his hope, Jungkook find a shelter to protect him against the heavy rainfall. He fished his phone out and dialled Jimin's number, the other line kept on ringing but no one answered.

“Please pick up the phone hyung” he tried multiple times calling Jimin's phone and finally he answered but Jungkook suddenly felt out of words.

“What?” Jimin greeted with a husky voice, Jungkook started crying again after hearing the older's voice. He felt guilty for acting up like that in front of him.

“Don't call me” Jimin firmly said and ended up the call. Jungkook's cried harder that he's sobbing yet he's being silenced by the heavy rain, his chest feels so heavy and felt like something inside him is breaking.

Ignoring Jimin's words, he still called Jimin.

“I SAID DON'T CALL ME”

“J-jimin hyung, i'm... i'm sorry” Jungkook ignored Jimin's outrage and apologized to his hyung while sobbing like a baby, he's having a hard time breathing due to his cries. Jimin, on the other line, breaks him while listening to his sobs but he still act up mad and stand up to his words.

“Where are you?”

“I... d-don't k-know” Jungkook said in between sobs, scanning the unfamiliar place. He got lost while searching for him but guessed that the older is safe. Jimin sigh in defeat, who is he fooling? he can't resist Jungkook.

“Tell me where you are and I'll come and get you” He went out of his room, searching for his umbrella, to pick up Jungkook.

“I don't know where i am” Jimin shook his head in dismay, just where on earth did Jungkook went in the middle of the night and the rain is falling heavily. “Tell me where you are, I'll just take a cab”

Jimin informed where he was all this time and told Jungkook that he'll wait for him. He went to grab and wear his shoes, holding the umbrella on his hand. Jimin went out of his house, waiting for Jungkook under the pouring rain and only has the small umbrella to make him less wet.

Every minute that passed by waiting for Jungkook seems longer, he's getting worried for him, he's not even contacting him again. Every cab that passes by he hopes that it's Jungkook's but fall in dismay when it's not but the wait is finally over when a cab stopped right in front of him and saw Jungkook's figure inside. His face lightened and felt relieved after seeing him. The door opened and swallowed Jungkook, who's eyes are swollen from crying, he quickly searched for Jimin's eyes. Once again, he started crying.

Jimin threw the umbrella away, he ran towards the younger and throw himself to him for a tight hug “JUNGKOOK-AH”

“h-hyung” Jungkook sobs harder now that he's in his hyung's arms not minding how they're soaking wet under the rain. It's just him and Jimin in each other's arms, swallowing their prides and forgetting the anger they felt a while ago.

“Don't push me away like that again” Jimin cries and crash the younger to the tightest hug and nuzzle his face against the younger's chest.

“I won't. I'm sorry, hyung” Jungkook returned the hug and kissed him on top of his head.

Right there in that perfectly imperfect moment, Jungkook finally understands his feelings for Jimin.