IM BACK

(A/N) Yoooo I missed y'all so much sorry I lied n said I was finna update at 1k.... Ya dumbass girl got caught smokin once again n had her phone up... but Thank you so much for getting me so many reads :)) I appreciate and love every single one of y'all🤍 Okkk y'all i'm done,,, go head n go read dis bitch cus ik u missed it. Sorry... I forgot to mention, read the whole chapter through to read the cute lil flashback in the end,,,, okay okay now go read my shi baby.

1 month later...

It's officially been a month since I been stayin in Chicago.

Hella shit has changed definitely fo the better. I've been spending hella time wit Antonio, havin movie nights almost every night. He the brother I never had, he still mad fine tho.
Tay has been out on tour for about 3 weeks now so ian seen him in foreverrrrr. I miss him so much, find my self missin his stupid ass comments on anything and everything u say too. Even gotten closer to all the boys too and don't hesitate or have to try to remember they names anymore.

Today it's Saturday and ion got shi planned yet, maybe goto the mall, who knows. When there's a knock on my door I turn. "Come in." I yell
I immediately eliminating Antonio cus he neva knocks n jus walks in, making himself at home on my bed.

"Good morning, are you doing anything today?" Lauryn asks me with her head in the crack of the door

" No. I'm free."

"Ok well then would you like to get a pedicure? Jelena cancelled on me." She playfully rolled her eyes 

"Bet." I slip on my floral gucci slides

"It's okay it's on me." She smiles seeing I grabbed my wallet

I give her a small smile and put my wallet down on my dresser. She's been so nice to us since we got here, offering to go shopping, nails, jus basic things girls do. She's still pretty young and could easily pass as one of my friends, maybe in her late 20's or early 30's.

By the time we get to the little nail shop still ain made up my mind on what color. Lauryn's been going on about how there's a big formal party Darnell wants us to goto. I don't know tho, formal things aren't really me, but I jus nod my head listening to her as she drives.

The receptionist showed us to our massage chairs the minute we got in the salon. After reading the menu I decided to get The Hollywood spa with scent green tea. Lauryn got The classic with the scent grape fruit. Recently I got neon orange acrylics, which i've been told complements my skin tone so I decided to get the same color on my toes.

While we got our pedicures we talked about school, what I wanted to be when I was older and all the above. I told her how I wanted to be a Pediatric Nurse, which has been my dream job forever now. When I tell you she got exited I mean it. Her face went from an already smile to a wide grin. She told me she definitely could make my dream come true and hook me up. She told me stories of her experience with nursing school and how if it's really not what you want and are determined to do, you're not goin to have a fun time during college. I took her advice and ran with it.

couple hours later...

Lauryn and I had got home from the salon a little bit ago and I went straight to my room. I slipped off the wonky ass flip flops the salon offered me and hopped in my bed. I scrolled through insta, liking a picture of baby Stormy. To me, all the Kardashian baby's were ugly besides Kim's kids and Stormy, that's jus me tho. My phone died and I rolled my eyes throwing it at the wall.

I laid up in bed lookin at the ceiling as my thoughts went crazy floating all around my mind while one thought stayed afloat. How was my mom doing, who hadn't called me since we left our real home. Maybe she didn't miss me.
I shook that thought, I knew she loved us and in the past done anything fo us. Was she liking it there? I laughed. Of course she liked it, it's Dakota we talkin bout.
I wondered if she thought about me as much as I thought about her. It seemed she was always on my mind, always my last thought befo I fell asleep.

Something cold ass hell landed on my face and I shot up. Freezing water dripped onto my cheek leaving a trail all the way down my shirt. "ANTONIO U FUCKING BITCH!" I screeched

"Where you been all day, I been bored" He said

"Nigga ik you did not jus soak me in water n then try to ask me where I been." I squinted at him

He jus laughed holding his stomach. I rolled my eyes taking off the shirt I had on. Underneath I had on a PINK sport bra n I didn't bother puttin on anotha shirt.
My addidas pants wasn't wet so ian bother changin em.

When I looked back up I saw Antonio takin a video of me. I flicked him off and he laughed putting his phone down. Shyly I looked down as my stomach rumbled.

"Trynna catch sum to eat?" He asked reminding me ian have nun to eat all day

I shook my head and we both got up. In my drawer I pulled out a sweatshirt and followed him out the door.
We argued fo 10 min on where we were going while me aimlessly drivin around. Finally, we agreed on Chick- fil- a and we both ordered their bombass mack and cheese. While we waited at the window the worker was wrapping her curl around her finger, looking at Antonio with puppy eyes. I didn't realize I was glaring until she nervously looked my way not looking to long before her eyes went back to her milkshake she had been making, which was probably too over blended at this point considering her long she's been drooling over Antonio.

Fucking after what seemed like an eternity she gave us our food and the sports car roared off. Antonio usually liked eating at this lil cliff like area where you can see the whole city. We pulled up as the sun was setting and we took our mac.

" Shit smacks." Antonio added a moan at the end

"Imma snack the shit outta u." I mugged him

He loved doin that jus cus he knew it pissed me off.

The sky painted a beautiful picture as we sat and ate our food. Pink, orange, purple, set in the sky making me smile to myself.

FLASHBACK....

Darnell took Bri in his lap making her giggle and smile looking up at him. He smiled back feeling true happiness spread through his bones. She definitely had got his eyes, a light hazel color. Bri's eyes slowly closed as she leaned her back against Darnell.

"No baby, look you'll miss it." Darnell slightly shook Bri's knee causing her to slowly flutter her eyes back open.

With the yellow setting sunset came a sky of fire, almost burning into a tangerine color.

" What color is that?" Darnell asked Bri waiting for her response

She thought for a minute tightly squinting at the sky " Ernage." She clapped her hands making Darnell smile

"You so smart babydoll." Darnell patted her curls down moving them to the side of her face

Rich hues of red blended with oranges, purples, crimsons covered the horizon spreading the breathtaking colors, mixing them around with eachother. Bri stared up in disbelief " How... How did at appen?" She stared into the sunset looking for a reason why

" Only when beautiful little girls watch the sky it's happens." He told her making her smile to herself