ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝕀𝕀

Start from the beginning

Katsuki rushed over to remove the smaller pieces by hand. He needed to preserve whatever strength of his for an oncoming battle against the kingdom's offenders, a battle that would surely come.

His heart began to pump rapidly as he saw red and yellow beneath the ruins. It was Denki and Eijiro, so he knew his parents would be near as well.

"Shit! Wake up, you bastards!" Shouting didn't do much good, but as a habit, it was his first reaction. He got as much of the debris off the others as he could, and low and behold, his parents were among the dragons, who had returned to their humanoid forms.

The others were pulled one by one out until they all laid against the shattering castle foundation. They were all perfectly fine aside from the gashes and cuts desolated along their bodies, but they weren't devastating.

Katsuki knew they would wake up, but he didn't have the patience to wait. He went to Eijiro first and emitted a loud explosion in his face. Eijiro lurched, the explosion shocking him awake due to the booming noise in his ear and the directness of the heat.

"What the hell man?" He shouted, but he immediately toned it down once his eyes fell upon the ruins. The smoke, flames, screams. Everything filtered to the now conscious dragon, "No, no, no, what happened Katsuki? What happened?" Emotions built up and flurried in his mind; the horror of his destroyed home and anger from it all the same.

"Like hell if I know. But I do know we need to get up and stop these bastards," Katsuki seethed. He knew people were fighting for their lives down in the town, some, if not a majority, would be cut down by the onslaught. He could hear cries of battle from both beast and human alike, the clashing of swords and metal, wisps of magic and crumbling homes, but dust and debris trapped his view within the ruined castle confines.

Eijiro was pale, his vision turned to the skies where the dragons flew in anxiety and helplessness. He could hear the yells of the beasts up above, all in their own language to which he could understand. Some yelled words of worry, sadness, and hate, while others said their last goodbyes as they engaged in their final battles amidst the potency of rotten magic.

He looked to Katsuki and nodded before promptly turning to Denki. With a swing of his wing, he slapped the other awake. The reaction of Denki was no different than Eijiro's.

Katsuki peered at the mountain of rubble, where his parents were still buried beneath.

Fuck. He rushed over and removed the remaining debris covering the King and Queen. The dragons followed behind Katsuki and helped the Prince pull them to the area with less rubble; they didn't want more damage done to them, as they were littered with cuts as well.

The two royals were seemingly unconscious. They were unresponsive even as Katsuki released a small explosion right in front of them.

That worrisome feeling bubbled in the pit of Katsuki's stomach, "C'mon, wake the hell up!"

He took a risk and aggressively smacked the unconscious woman's face, to no result. He did the same with his father, only to get the same results.

Eijiro was crouched beside Katsuki, fearfully looking down at Mitsuki and Masaru. He could sense the panic starting to radiate off Katsuki, and it was setting him on edge as well. The dragon put his hand down to feel the pulses of the royals.

"They have pulses... But they're barely there." Bearing news like that killed Eijiro on the inside, and he was sure Katsuki had picked up that the two were still alive, but borderline.

Katsuki gnashed his teeth and clenched his fist. The questions as to why they weren't waking up plagued his mind. The dragons had, so why weren't they? He shook his mother, trying to get her to wake once again, "Wake the fuck up!"