"You might be right... I'll change and we can go to the school, just to check the environment." 

"Won't it be weird for two grown men to just walk into a middle-school?" the demon questioned half-heartedly because he wasn't actually worried about the matter. There are always other solutions, but he was interested in what had Seth made up, especially after seeing that slowly a small smirk plastered on the other's face. 

"I have connections" 

"Connections" he repeated, with a small, mocking smile, and Seth nodded to ensure him. 

"I was the nurse's favourite... or well, the only kid who went down enough for her to remember" he announced, straightening up with a childish grin "I hope Penny still works there because if not, I don't have any other plan... so you'll have to pretend you are the father of one of the kids" 

Jude just furrowed his brows lightly, not very surprised that Seth was a troublemaker as a child, but a little lost in his thoughts... Penny... a nurse named Penny... 

Something in the back of his mind begged to be remembered, but he just couldn't quite make it out, so he shook the thought away, and nodded in agreement. 

"Let's go then." 

***

It was rare that he had such a chance to peek into Seth's past so... authentically. He'd never read him. He wanted to know these things because Seth decided to show him, but given that he was a very closed-up person, it wasn't the easiest task to get the boy to tell him about these sort of things. 

Watching as the boy passed through the neighbourhood, knowing it like an old song he used to listen to, left him feeling a sort of bittersweet warmth.

 It was evident, that everything around Seth had a huge impact on him emotionally, judging from the gloomy expression he wore, but he kept himself together quite well. 

They didn't enter on the front gates of the school, rather they went around, and stopped a small, white door at the very back of the building. 

Seth hesitated for a moment, but then knocked hiding the unsureness from his movements, or at least the boy must've thought he did. 

They waited there for a few seconds in silence, but soon enough the small white back-door opened before them, and a, roughly 40 years old, women revealed herself to them, standing in a white lab-coat, and small glasses. 

Jude was so shocked, he could not even catch a glimpse of his smiling match. He knew this woman... He had seen her before, he was absolutely sure, but he just couldn't recall where. 

Penny. Penny. Penny. 

He had heard this name before too... like a vivid dream, he remembered something that was well lost in his mind until' now, but just couldn't put two and two together. 

"How can I help you?" the women asked a tad unsure, but polite nonetheless, as her eyes flickered between Seth and Jude. 

"I have a few drawings to share" the boy flashed a charming, childish smile, which was enough for Jude to suddenly find him incredibly adorable, but he tried not to show it too much, given they had company. 

Penny's face slowly changed from confused, to shocked, to happy, and she stepped ahead and hugged the boy tightly, tears of joy already sparkling in her eyes. 

"Seth! I cannot believe it's really you! Such a fine young man you became!" she breathed, astonished while cupping the boy's face with her palms, obviously making Seth uncomfortable, but Jude didn't plan to rescue him, for he was overly amused with the situation. The women acted rather motherly towards him, and that was such a foreign sight for the demon that he wanted to enjoy every minute of it.