Fifteen

/ Leon up there, minus the flowers of course but I couldn't find the model's name /

The night of the gala was particularly hot. I wasn't exactly sweating in my suit, but still, as we got out of the car with Jude, the soft breeze felt like a blessing. Many things were running through my mind before we arrived, but as soon as we stepped foot in the mansion, I felt my senses slowly getting their entire focus on my goal and nothing else. It was a similar feeling as in hell, I just somehow fell back into the role I was supposed to play for now, and it went like it was second nature to me. I knew who I was hunting for, and even though I had never done anything like this before, being the hunter was just a natural instinct to me, I had yet to explore fully. 

Harvis was going to be here that's for sure, but so far all I've noticed was a lot of people in expensive clothes, drinking probably expensive alcohol from their fancy glasses while having a chit-chat about the weather. 

"Remember dear, just make small talk with Harvis for now, maybe flirt a little... don't be too obvious" Jude whispered lowly, and since he didn't speak until now, I took it as a sign that he already noticed Harvis... My eyes followed his in the crowd until' that handsome rat finally showed himself to me. Champaign in hand, and an elegant, gloomy blue suit, matching his aesthetic of being a rich bastard. His hair pushed back perfectly fitted on his skull, and a slight beard making him appear older than he actually was. 

As for my partner, I didn't even have to look at him, to feel his strengthening presence. I felt some sort of safety and power, with darkness lingering around me, possessively standing near me at any given moment, like an obsessive guard dog, showing he teeth to anyone who threatened his territory. 

Little did he know, I wasn't his property. Jude is just a pawn, in the grand scheme of this game I want to play.

"I waited too long to mess this up Jude, don't worry" I reassured him, leaving his side while not taking my eyes off of Harvis. He can change his name, but his face, oh that repulsive face will never leave my mind. 

As I was making my way through the crowd, not hurrying, but not slow either, someone bumped into me, and I had to bend over to balance myself hitting a firm chest by accident. 

"Bloody hell" I growled, as I slowly lifted my head, feeling a cold liquid pour down from my hair onto my face and to my shoulders, wetting my expensive suit. 

Harvis was staring at me apologetically, his glass now completely empty. A little bit went on his shirt as well, and for a little while, we both just tried to detect the damage. 

I fought the urge to grin, as things, for a change, were going my way in an almost unrealistic manner.  I gave him a crooked smile, before introducing myself, by taking his hand to shake it. 

"Jeremy Stones" I said with a slight smile, licking off a little bit of champaign off of the side of my lips "I'm so sorry, someone pushed me into you, sir" I added, while Harvis slowly eyed me up, giving me a charming smirk in return. 

Jude has told me all about the rumours, that he had a thing for younger boys, despite him being almost 40 by now... But what the demon didn't know, is that I did not need these vague gossips to know his true nature... I, after all, had an unfortunate run-in with his predatory behaviour very early on. He never touched me that way, but he did enough to be on my list. 

"Please accompany me to the washroom, I'll help to clean your shirt before it dries. I'd feel so bad if the stain would stay" I lied with an innocent smile while gently placing my hand on his shoulder, signalling for us to go. His eyes twinkled with interest, though I could tell he didn't know yet, what my intentions were, so he wasn't bold with his reaction, just nodded along, and led me to the aforementioned bathroom.