One

•Ariana•

          "Thank you Venice" I said as I slid into the backseat of the car,after he had opened the door for me. He shut the door before climbing into the drivers seat and pulling the car from my garage,we hit the road.

            I pulled my handy mirror out of my hand bag and carefully took off my  contacts before I started applying makeup on my face. After a while of drawing,dabbing,brushing up and blending,I finally got the exact fix up I wanted.

             I pulled my usual blonde straight cap hair over my head,then sprayed and brushed until it was perfect. I sighed staring at my reflection in the mirror before sliding my large black signature shades into the sides of my temples,balancing them on the crook of my nose.

           "We're here my lady" Venice informed me.

           "Okay,Venice. Please keep guard for a while,as usual" I told him.

            "Yes my lady" he replied before climbing out of the car and taking a stance beside the door of the car.

             I sighed looking out the window at the large mansion which stood before my gaze. It was sure pretty, something  everyone would wish for. Why was this the life I was given when I never asked for it?

            I slid my red stilettoes on before sliding more jewellery into my fingers and wrists. I dusted off any possible invisible dirt which could have been on my perfectly tailored black dress. I couldn't start the evening by getting on mum's nerves,it wouldn't do me any good.

           I placed two light knocks on the window of the car door and immediately,Venice opened the door and helped me out of the car. I gave the building before me a thorough look down before I proceeded into it.

          I made my way through the inner porch, the little living room,the gigantic one which was mostly used for events before proceeding to the dining room,the chatters of my parents and whichever business associate they had invited this night getting louder as I approached.

           "Good evening mum....dad,everyone" I flashed a large smile as soon as I entered the room. Almost all the seats on our long glass dining table had been taken except from the one which was beside Alaina.

           "Good evening dear,do take a seat" Mum offered. Maintaining the smile plastered on my face,I made my way to the vacant seat,making sure to observe all possible courtesies and poise as I propped down.

            Alaina flashed me a smile which I managed to return before I turned back to the table. Dad got engrossed in his discussions while Mum and the fellow wives at the table kept talking about the successes of their children in both business and royal successions.

          "But quick question Amelia"A tycooness spoke up from the end of the table which seemed to bring the noisy chattering of the table down.

          "Yes,what is it Whitney?" My mum retorted. From the looks of it,she wasn't too friendly with Whitney.

           "Is Ariana ever going to take off those shades of hers, or is there a problem or a possible disorder you're not telling us about?" She asked smirking.

            I watched as my mum's hold on her fork tightened as she forced a smile to her lips. I didn't blame her, Whitney wasn't the first person who had reprimanded me regarding my shades or tried to imply that I was blind.

          "Whitney dear.." I heard Bryan let his friends from the club rob your company of a million dollars" my mum started,her smile growing into a grin as that of Whitney dropped.