ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ᴡɪꜱʜ

Start from the beginning

He took the envelope from my hand, "Keep this a secret, this is between you and me m'kay, Kitty?" He gave me a wink before heading out into the garden.

"Wait, Kou!" I called out.

He turned, "What is it Kitty?"

"Um, do you have any books on vampires?" I asked.

"Yeah there's one is Ruki's room, it's navy blue with The History of the Vampire Race written in gold. If you go up the stairs in the living room and take a left you should see the door to his room."

"Ok thanks!" I said while making a beeline to the living room. I walked up the stairs and into his room. I turned on the lights and found the book among the many bookshelves lining his walls.

I grabbed the book and on my way out and a picture caught my attention, it was a black and white picture of two people when I went closer to inspect it I heard the sound of the door shutting. Startled, I spun around to see Ruki. Oh no I did it again.

"What are you doing?" Asked Ruki with narrowed eyes.

"N-nothing I was just grabbing this book on vampires that Kou told me about." I stuttered out.

Ruki walked over to where the picture was and stared at it. I casted my eyes down, "Ruki-kun, who are they? I don't mean to pry, you don't have to tell me unless you're comfortable."

He turned over the picture and gave me a piercing gaze, "It's not important right now."

"Hey~! Sayaka, Ruki it's time to cut Azusa's cake!" I heard Kou yell from outside.

"We're coming!" I yelled back while exiting the room.

I ran down the stairs and into the garden with Ruki trailing behind me.

"Oh wow Azusa your cake is so pretty." I said while Kou stuck a candle into the middle of the cake. It was a cheesecake with strawberries placed around the rim. "Who made it?"

"Oh... thank you... Yuma made the cake.... As you can see... he's good at gardening too...."Azusa replied.

"Wow multitalented!" I said while giving Yuma an impressed smile.

"Time to sing!" Said an excited Kou.

Kou led the singing for the most part and then Azusa blew out his candle. We clapped as he blew it out.

Yuma began to cut and pass out of the cake to us. "Thank you," I whispered as he handed me mine. While eating cake and chatting with the others Azusa pulled me aside.

"Your scars.... Are beautiful." Azusa claimed, raking an intense gaze over my body.

I shifted my eyes and crossed my arms around me.

Uh, thanks? I guess.

"Do... you want to meet Justin, Melissa, and Christina?" He asked, a hint of a smile grazing his face.

"Yeah." I nodded and looked around the room, "where are they?"

He unwrapped the bandages on his left arm and my jaw dropped slightly.

These wounds, are his friends?

"So... what do you think?" He tentatively asked, pushing his arm closer to my face.

I backed up a bit and swallowed. Looking at Azusa's face, he really believes that they are his friends. For some reason, this fills me with more sadness than I've felt in a while.

"They- uh they look lovely." I assured him and tried to smile.

Out of nowhere he pulls out an ornate blade. I grimaced and felt the color leave my face. Backing up, he traps me against the wall and holds my wrist. He brings the blade closer to my collar bone and I close my eyes out of instinct.