Chapter Seventeen

*4 months later*

Dreams delayed aren't dreams denied indeed. It was my second week in my office but I couldn't seem to get over how beautiful it was. The thought of getting up every morning still excited me. It was so beautiful to finally live my life the way I wanted. No financial or men problems. I was doing me. I was finally Bianca Muleya.

I pulled some strings to get my own practice place. It wasn't easy but I did what I had to do and here I was owning my own office and a licence permitting me to work. I went and rekindled with mamkhulu. I had to put it all behind me. She was all the family I had left. I spent Christmas there, her daughters don't really like me but I couldn't careless. They're totally irrelevant to me.

Ndaba and his men were serving 25 years. I take care of Noami's household, for some odd reasons she forgave me for putting her man behind bars. Zinhle is back to square 0, life humbled her. Sphiwe lost the battle and departed. I tried pretending that I didn't care but it hurt.

My close family; Kabelo and Adelaide decided to have a fucking human being. A baby? I don't understand why people love those chaotic things. I think its safe to say I finally have a best friend in her, she'd stupid at times but I love her.

...
I collected my coffee at a cafe downstairs and took the lift up to my office. Its so beautifully quiet in this building. There are other many businesses going around. I hadn't got time to know even one.

I was working on my posts. I needed clients. Pat had a meeting with his Dr friend to recommend me to his patients. Marriage counselling and mental therapy were so common, that's why I wasn't scared to have my  own office.

I took a seat and checked my emails. There wasn't anything interesting. I played music as low as possible and drank my coffee.

My phone rang. I answered.
Me: Bianca
Pat: You have a first client.
Me: You kidding.
Pat: Bitch scream. I went through the contract that Denny sent me and all it needs is your signature and then y'all are gonna be good to go.
Me: Send it through then.
Pat: I just did. Now back to the client, she is having problems with her client. She thinks her husband wants to divorce her. She came to ask me to protect her money. I suggested they talk to someone, and gave her your flyer and your numbers.
Me: Thank you. I'm praying she calls.
Pat: She's a trophy wife. She will.
Me: What's that got to do with anything?
Pat: Their lives depends on marriage.

I laughed.
Me: You're sick. Send me a sample of those flyers.
Pat: I put your picture in them.
Me: What? No Pat
Pat: What? You're beautiful. Your beauty will attract clients. I have an incoming call. Hang up.

I hung up and finished off my coffee.

•••
ZWELETHU

I arrived at work. There was no one in sight. It was awfully quiet. This was strange. I pulled out my gun and headed to my office.

I slowly pushed the door.

'Surprise!!!!"

I quickly put it back.
Me: You almost gave me a heart attack. Is it my birthday?
Khulubuse: Pre birthday party because you won't be here tomorrow.
Me: Where am I gonna be?
Nongcebo: Cape Town with naked women every night.
Me: What? No no no. No women please.
Khulubuse: You know you can tell us anything right?
Me: Anything that is?
Khulubuse: The type of gender you're attracted to.
Me: Please intercourse yourself.

They laughed.
Me: Thank you guys so much. This means a lot. I forgot about my birthday.
Spikes: Cut the cake sir!
Me: Where's the knife sir!

I blew the candles and cut the cake.

We socialized about anything and everything. I received a call from Bhungane. I hadn't heard from him in 3 months. He requested to meet me  urgently.

Afterwards, everyone went to their offices. Luna came back.
Luna: You have someone outside waiting for you.
Me: Let them in.

I sat down and waited for Bhungane.

A tallest man I've ever seen came in.
Him: I'm Masande Ndlovu.
We shook hands.
Me: Zwelethu. You may take a seat.
Masande: I am looking for a long lost relative.
Me: O-kay.
Masande: Can you help me?
Me: I can try if I have something to work on top of.

He took something out of his pocket.
Masande: This is a picture of her mother and this is her. Her mother's name is Gloria Muleya, hers is Bianca Nompilo Muleya. I've searched for her through social media  but there's nothing.
Me: How are you related to her?
Masande: I'm her brother. Our father is looking for her.
Me: Shall I find her and anything bad happens to her. You will be held accountable.
Masande: Yes sir.
Me: I'll contact you when I get something. You may leave all your de-

Bhungane came in. He was sweating.
Me: Leave all your details with my pa.

He thanked me and got up. He greeted Bhungane who had no interest in greeting back.

Bhungane: I found her.
Me: Sit down Bhungane.
Bhungane: I am saying I found her. I don't need to sit down. I need you to get the fuck up and go find this whore and my money!
Me: Where did you find her? Calm down.

He gave me a flyer.
Bhungane: My wife came to me at work and told me we-we needed to go see a shrink. Turns out that shrink is her!

Bianca Muleya? The same woman that is wanted by the man that just walked out?
Me: I'll get on it.
Bhungane: I want my money. Get it back! I paid you good money. Bring my money back.

He stormed out. He better not faint out there.

This Bianca looks nothing like the woman he kept describing.

I called the team in...