Chapter Four

I wrapped a towel on my hair and put on a gown after getting out of the tub. I looked at my reflection on the mirror. I hate how I look after crying.

I walked out to lotion and changed into my nightdress. A knock came through. I've been locked up in here since the noon and now it's 8:30pm.
Me: Who is it?
"I brought you food"
Me: I'm not hungry.
Ndaba: Come in B, you can't take your meds on an empty stomach, plus we need to talk.

I went and unlocked. He closed the door behind him and went to put the tray on my bedside cabinet.
Me: What is this?
Ndaba: Sister Gama said they help with anxiety and trembling.

I took them and headed to the bathroom. I poured them into the toilet.
Ndaba: What are you doing?
Me: I'm flushing them down.
Ndaba: Bianca
Me: What? My meds are prescribed by my doctor, not your so called retired nurse. Infact I do not want this woman here.
Ndaba: Baby please.
Me: No Ndaba. If she doesn't leave, I will.

I flush and go back to bed. I switch off the light and drift to sleep...

-
Feeling like a prisoner in your own home could never be justified. I have been qiuet all week and Ndaba knows best than to try and touch me when I'm like this. I flushed down all the medication sister Gama gave me the following morning and I dared her to ever step into my house again. I threatened to kill myself if she doesn't leave, it got him shaky so she did leave on Wednesday. I've been the raising flour since then.

I usually pack for him when he's leaving but no not today. I have been cooking my own little food and eating alone and go sleep before he comes home. Right now I am going to watch a movie and come back when I know he's left.

I finished dressing up and took my car keys.

I took my car out of the garage and went to set the alarms and drove towards the gate. The gate did not budge to open. I kept pressing the remote until I noticed a biometric fingerprint scanner on the far left of the gate. I hoped out of the car and walked to it.

I tried all my fingers but all declined. He's got to be kidding me!

I stormed back to my car and pulled out my phone.

Amanda: Mr Mbatha's office. Good afternoon.
Me: Please put him on the phone.
Amanda: He's in a meeting ma'am.
Me: Amanda, put my husband on the phone. It is urgent.

I am trying my best to keep my cool but I wanna explode.
Amanda: Ok please hold on..

I stomped my foot on the ground until I heard his voice.
Me: Are you kidding me?
Ndaba: Is everything okay?
Me: No! Why can't I go out! Why doesn't this thing grant me access?
Ndaba: Because I wanna make sure you're safe. You need to go somewhere?
Me: Yes. I need fresh air.
Ndaba: I'll send Njabulo to take you where you wanna go.

I clenched my jaws. He's testing me.
Me: Never mind. I am not going.

I hung up and texted Zee...

***
NARRATED

*At Khulubuse Private firm*

Luna adjusted her glasses looking carefully at her boss approaching.
Zwelethu: My phone isn't working.
Luna: Should I call a technician?
Zwelethu: That'll do. I am going out.
Luna: You can't. You have a meeting. He sounded desperate.
Zwelethu: My sister is waiting for me Luna, why didn't you confirm with me first?
Luna: Sorry. I just got off the phone.
Zwelethu: Call them again and reschedule for later. You know I can't keep Zethu waiting.

"Mpangazitha, someone's here for you" said Khulubuse getting in followed by a man that looked pretty disturbed and crying.
Khulubuse: I was just about to...
He paused when he saw the tears pouring out of the man's eyes.
Khulubuse: Luna please bring us some water.

He led the way to his office. He offered the man a seat while him and Khulubuse remained standing. He reached for the tissues and handed the man.
The man: Thank you.
He said after calming down.
The man: My friend recommended you. My daughter was killed last week. I need you to find her killer for me.
Khulubuse: Have you contacted the police?
The man: Yes I have. And today they just told me they haven't found her killer cause there was no evidence. She was killed, somewhere else or in the house and they cleaned, I don't know but she was found in her bed with bruises in her entire body and a gun wound in her belly. Please help me.

He pleaded going down on his knees. Khulubuse looked at Zwelethu.
Zwelethu: We will do our best.
Luna came in with bottled water.
Zwelethu:  Are your details and of the deceased all there?
The man: Yes.
Zwelethu: Ok good. Luna can you please take Mr...Mbonambi to the client's office?

Luna led the way out. Zwelethu brushed his face.
Zwelethu: Damn. I am transferring him to Harry.
Khulubuse: He came to you.
Zwelethu: I can't deal with such cases, I haven't in 6 years man.
Khulubuse: You're gonna deal with this one. Get your team to work, find justice for that woman.

He walked out. Zwelethu opened the file. He collapsed on a chair when he saw a picture of a woman he used to know, he had been with her 2 weeks ago at a hotel he was working in. They went to grab a drink  after bumping into each other after 10 months.

He stared at her picture and fought back the tears that were clouding his eyes.

He went out to ask the man a few questions...

***
NDABA

I jumped from my chair when Amanda mention that Lebogang is here to see me. Indeed it was her. I asked her to come in. I can not believe this.
Me: What the hell?
She tossed her bag on the couch.
Lebo: What what? I wanna know why you are not coming home today.
Me: Because my wife is not well. I told you.
Lebo: And your friends can not look after her?
Me: Yes.
Lebo: This is annoying enough for me that I only see you for one week a month. You can't skip babe! Not now when I can give birth anytime. You should be available any time, not this.

She started crying. I brought her close.
Me: I'm sorry. A lot is going on right now. I'm really sorry.
Lebo: I miss you.
Me: I miss you too. Can we stay at a hotel this time? Around here, so I could go check up on Bianca?
She sighed and walked away from me.
Lebo: Yeah.

I know she doesn't mean it but I do not have a choice.

CAN YOU PLEASE BE THE ONE TO LOOK AFTER B THIS TIME?

I sent to Kabelo and went to hug Lebo from behind and brushed her belly...

***
BIANCA

I left with my window opened. I woke up to very chilli breeze hitting my bare skin. I woke up and closed it. I took my phone to browse through social networks.

He didn't come back to get his clothes yesterday. He called to say goodnight.

"Good morning!" I startled and dropped my phone.
Me: Jesus Christ what the fuck!
Adelaide: I'm sorry.
Me: What are you even doing here?
Adelaide: We arrived last night.
Me: We? Ugh Ofcourse you and Kabelo. Where is he?
Adelaide: He left, he said I should remain behind to look after you. You're truly a queen, you get people to look after you when your husband isn't home.
Me: Please put that down and leave the room.
Adelaide: Why? Kabelo said I should keep you company.
Me: I don't need company!
Adelaide: Geez, ok.

She put the tray down and left the room. I buried my head in a pillow and grunted. I hate my life!