Chapter Sixteen

I called Damon first thing in the morning to make an appointment. I finished smoking and hopped back into the car. I snatched the blanket off Adelaide. She woke up.
Ade: Geez dude
Me: We need to go before police gets suspicious of what are we doing in the bushes.
Ade: I need more sleep. My back...ouch!
Me: Let me drive.
Ade: Thank you. We need to get rid of those overalls.
Me: Already did.
She yawned.
Ade: Let's switch. I still wanna sleep.

We switched seats and I roared the engine back to life and drove off.

-
ZWELETHU

My phone rang as I parked in our parking lot from meeting with 3 of my clients. It was my office.
Me: Luna.
Luna: How far are you?
Me: Parking lot.
Luna: Ok. Please hurry bdcir

I hung up.

She got up when I approached. She called me in.
Luna: Mr Bhungane of Nodwengu holdings is here. He looks depressed. I tried transferring him to Ngezwi but he said he wants you.
Me: Ok make us coffee.
Luna: He wants nothing.
Me: Make it anyway.

Having men visiting my office is not what I liked. Men only came to us when they needed help with their illegal dealings. Ngezwi and Professor handle those well. I hate it.

I pushed the door open and greeted him. He got up to his feet and extended his hand for a shake. We shook hands.
Bhungane: Ntombela promise me you gonna help me. You're my last hope.

His eyes had eyebags its like he hadn't slept in days. His hand was trembling.
Me: You look like you need some coffee.
He withdrew his hand and walked towards the wall. He made sounds I couldn't really understand.
Bhungane: Zwelethu I do not need coffee. I need my money, you hear me? I want my money back!
Me: Why don't you sit down and tell me where did your money go. Then we'll find a solution because that wall...mmh-mmh, it won't bring your money back.

He turned around and walked towards his seat. He sat down.
Bhungane: We were drugged. We threw a private party Tho-tho-those bitches drugged us. All of us and then took our money.

The frustration and desperation that his eyes portrayed couldn't be missed. My job has taught me that nobody is so strong. Everyone has a weakness.
Me: Did you have a guest's list?
Bhungane: We did. When everyone left they checked out,  except for 2 girls.
Me: Did you check the premises if they were still there?
Bhungane: We did.
Me: Where was your money kept if outsiders could have just easy access to it?
BBhungane: They, they cut off my partner's finger tips. Thats how they got access. Fucking assholes of satan. Ntombela are you gonna help me track them down?
Me: Did you check your cctv footage?
Bhungane: Private party.
Me: Do you atleast know their names?
Bhungane: No! They use fake names in there but I definitely remember their faces, we usually have same girls for these parties but it was my first time seeing any of them. They were beautiful and wore little tight dresses that exposed their nice long moist legs. They played us!
Me: Let me talk to my team.

I called them in. They arrived after a while. Spikes took Bhungane out and came back. I briefed them.
Nongcebo: Women and stealing?
Me: Exactly my point. Are we taking it?
Spikes: Yes. How much did they take?
Me: I didn't ask. Get him.

He went out and came back with him.
Me: How much did they take?
Bhungane: 15.
We looked at him, waiting for him to say the actual amount.
Bhungane: 15 million. If you catch them I will give you 5.
Spikes: You say you can recognize them?
Bhungane: Yes.
Nongcebo: Luna is needed.

She's partly our sketch lady.
Me: Mr Bhungane we will help you find your money.
He sighed in relief.
Bhungane: Now can I please have that coffee?
Me: Sure. Spikes will take ypu to the office where you'll meet the sketch lady and a cup of coffee.
Nongcebo: Before that, have you contacted the police?
He looked at me.
Me: You've got to be transparent my man.
Bhungane: No and I won't. It's dirty money.

I knew it.
Me: Ok Spikes take him to Luna.

They walked out.
Nongcebo: A 15 million case without the police? So appetizing. Let me go get to work.

She hummed going away...

-
We arrived at Ade's place. We bathed and changed and slept.

I was woken up by my phone ringing. It was Pat.
Me: hey boo.
Pat: Hey. Done.
Me: Thank you. I'll come by your place later.
Pat: Come with some food.
Me: I won't be staying. Bye.

I hung up. Ade was up.
Ade: I needed that sleep
Me: Me too. I didn't even realize how much I needed it.
Ade: What time is it?
Me: 2pm. I've got to go.
Ade: Where to?
Me: Ndaba. Report your car missing.
Ade: What? Why?
Me: To clear evidence. That street has cameras.
Ade: Shit
Me: Wait, Pat might've taken care of that. I'll ask him.
Ade: I don't see myself going to jail before I chow this money.

I laughed and left her rolling side to side on the bed.

...
The way he looked at me made me uncomfortable. He sat down and just stared at me.
Me: What's up?
Ndaba: Why haven't I heard of a recent robbery?
Me: How do I give the money to Mango?
Ndaba: I'll tell you the day you come here and tell me that money is in your house.
Me: You think I came here to stare you? Who do I give it to then?
Ndaba: Stop playing Bianca.
Me: Dude, I have somewhere to be.
Ndaba: Where? To suck Sphiwe's dick?

That bitch.
Me: I have no idea what you're talking about. You sold me out for him? I thought you had my back.
Me: I have your back or else I wouldn't be here wanting Mango's details.
Ndaba: You're here because you know your life could be in danger. Someone will come and give you the details. I don't ever wanna see you again.
Me: You got in my mouth.

I got up and headed to the exit.

I decided against going to Pat's. I took taxis to my place. I took my pills on the taxi to calm my nerves just in case it was gonna effect me in any way.

I ripped off the tapes and unlocked. It was so messy, I cleaned up before I could put my ass down. Damon's pa confirmed my appointment for tomorrow afternoon.

My phone rang just as I threw myself on the couch. I was even more tired than I was in the morning. It was unknown numbers. I answered and kept quiet.
Ndaba: Bianca.
Me: Yes.
Ndaba: How could you do that to me?
I sighed.
Me: What?
Ndaba: Sphiwe.
Me: Really? You also cheated.
Ndaba: With my own friend?
Me: I don't have time for this Ndaba. I'm tired.
Ndaba: I trusted you.
Me: I never asked you to.
Ndaba: Wow.
Me: Yes. I'm filing for divorce.
Ndaba: You sell me out and divorce me?
Me: Yes.
Ndaba: Bianca, you wanna take everything away from me?.
Me: I'm not like you.
Ndaba: They will force you to testify agaisnt me dammit!
Me: Maybe you'll learn your lesson and stop trying to control people's lives. If it weren't for you, I'd have made something huge out of myself by now but you pinned me down every time I tried to get up! You used your position in my life to control me. I hate you for that!

I hung up and cried. It will forever be a fresh wound that he deprived me of everything that would've took me higher. He knew very well how much I loved psychology but he wouldn't let me go back to school. I will never ever regret doing what I did to him.