and now we're here.

i counted up the cash that was in my hand from today's sales and i could feel the disappointment growing within me knowing that it's not as high as it usually is.

"shit." i curse under my breath as i ruffle a hand through my dark brown hair.

"how much?" isaac asks, and i let out a sigh, "only ninety."

isaac remains silent, knowing damn well that this was actually bad, and i shake my head at him, "there's no way we're gonna be making cash if we only sell to loyal customers. it's not gonna work."

"ethan, we could be going to fucking prison if we get caught! do you not understand that?" isaac snaps at me, and i roll my eyes at him.

"we're not gonna fucking get caught, you guys just tweak about this shit all the time. we're fine." i say in an annoyed tone, and i watch as my brother shakes his head at me from across the room.

"e, you know how people talk around here. twelve has already been keeping a close eye on us just from out of suspicion, and i can guarantee you that the new sheriff is going to too because of his big mouth fucking kid." grayson says in an aggressive voice, looking like he was fuming from the ears.

i slowly inhale, trying my best to not let my anger cloud my judgement, and i look at my brother and two friends while exhaling calmly, "okay, then what mastermind plan are you guys thinking of? huh?"

"actually, we already came up with one." isaac says, and i whip my head to look at him and only him.

"what?" i say a bit surprised, not knowing how they already found a loophole to this shitty situation we're in.

"dude, not this again." jordan says in between chuckles while rolling his eyes at isaac, clearly not taking him and his so-called "plan" seriously.

i look at the three of them in confusion, and grayson speaks up before i can.

"just tell him." grayson says while making a hand gesture towards me, and isaac shrugs.

"wait, we're not actually doing this shit... right?" jordan says a bit more sternly while looking back and forth between isaac and grayson.

"doing what!?" i nearly yell out of frustration, just wanting to be in the know already.

did they really come up with a whole ass plan without me?

"it's far fetched... but it could work," isaac says while narrowing his eyes at jordan, "we just need you on board." isaac says while turning his head back to me, and i nod slowly as i await for him to tell me whatever idea he has in mind.

"basically, we need to get someone random but well respected in this town to sell our shit undercover. someone that no one would ever suspect in a million years to be selling drugs." isaac explains in a serious voice and i nod for him to continue, "and if we can get the right person to sell it, then we can continue to keep making the same income that we have been and not have to keep the number of clients we sell to limited."

"okay, well, perfect." i say quickly, already on board with the plan that they had mustered up, "now we just have to figure out who to use as the pawn."