✰ seven

song for chapter: high enough by k.flay + play on repeat!!

𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟

{one week earlier}

i grabbed the skinny wad of cash that was in my pocket as i took a seat on one of the sofas in the main living room.

as i bent my knees to sit down on the cushion, i still heard the rusty squeak of the old couch below me once i was fully seated like i always do.

i watched as grayson, jordan, and isaac all sat in their normal spots, and we all began to count up our earnings from a long day of sales today.

jordan then grabbed the rolling tray from the coffee table and i observed him as he began to roll up a couple blunts.

"roll one up for me?" i ask, and jordan nods willingly before pulling out a small bag of coke from his back pocket.

"let me get a couple lines in first." he says while grabbing his wallet from his other pocket then getting out his credit card.

"jordan, bro, you should really chill out on the blow." grayson says to him warningly but in almost a sympathetic voice, and jordan just laughs as if his statement was nothing more than humorous.

"relax, dad." jordan says tauntingly while laughing and dividing up the lines for himself.

grayson just sighs and looks at me and isaac in silence, none of us bothering to say anything.

i mean, it's not exactly like we have much room to talk anyways.

we've done plenty of coke, too, and numerous other hard drugs, but never as frequently as jordan.

we all know he's addicted to coke but i just feel like it's not my place to speak up and try and stop him.

besides, i'm almost positive that he's already too far gone now.

i sigh and lean back on the couch to go back to focusing on the small wad of cash that was still in my hand.

the boys and i come up to the "trap house"— as we like to call it, pretty frequently. the reason for that, though, is just so we don't have to carry our inventory on us at our own homes.

it's basically just for safety... and that's what we need a lot of right now.

the possibility of us getting busted is more of a yes than a no, so making sure we do our business part in the trap house is the safest.

isaac's grandma used to live here until she died years ago from a heart attack, but her small one story house never got sold.

isaac kept a spare key to the house and once finding out that the poorly marketed house was now abandoned, he didn't hesitate to bring me and the guys here when we started using.

at first it was just a chill place to get high, as gloomy as the environment sounds, but we made it work.

after a year of experimenting with almost every drug in the book, we all decided that maybe it was time for us to start selling.

all of the dealers that we had been buying from were graduating and getting as far away from this town as they could, so we knew we had to find a way to get our shit ourselves... and for everyone else.