✰ six

song for chapter: georgia by kevin abstract + play on repeat!!

𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕩𝕚𝕒

i could hear my phone buzzing profusely against the flat surface of my wooden dresser, and i reached over from where i was sitting at my makeup vanity and over to the dresser to grab it.

i take a hold of my phone that was once playing frank ocean before i had gotten a call, and i see that the interruption was a face time call from rebecca.

i quickly answer the call and i see my best friend's glowing smile fill the entirety of my phone screen once i do so.

"hey, what's up?" i ask as i set my phone up somewhere on my dresser for me to continue on with my makeup by applying a second coat of mascara.

"what are you getting ready for?" she asks, completely ignoring my question by asking me one of her own.

i look away from the mirror in front of me and down to my phone screen for a split second, "i have to do a food drive today for charity club."

she groans loudly into the microphone and i catch her rolling her eyes from my answer.

"what?" i ask her, not knowing what the big deal is.

"i wanted to ask if you could hang," she says in a pouty voice while popping her bottom lip out, "and i even got edibles for us."

my jaw nearly drops as i remove the mascara wand from my upper eyelashes and turn my head to look at her, "no way."

"yes way, i'm for real!" rebecca says loudly in a whiney voice and i sigh, "i'm sorry... do you wanna just save them for another time? maybe tomorrow?"

rebecca shakes her head no and i furrow my eyebrows together, not understanding why she can't just wait.

she must've seen the confusion on my face so she swallows and quickly begins to elaborate, "okay, well they're not exactly mine..." she says before letting her voice trail off.

"what do you mean?" i ask her while narrowing my eyes at her, and she sighs, "maya and jasmine said that the boys gave them a bunch of free edibles and asked if they could come over and we could all get high together."

i gulp and scratch the back of my head while looking back at myself in my vanity mirror, "hmm," i hum, "i don't know, becca. i don't think jasmine likes me, she just gave me bitchy stares the whole time at the party."

rebecca scoffs, "oh, please. she's literally like that to everyone, i promise."

i shake my head slowly while squinting my eyes at her, "yeah, i'm not sure about that one." i say with a small chuckle at the end of my sentence, "i've never seen her be like that to you."

rebecca shrugs, "it's just because i've known her longer."

i sigh, "i guess so." i say, even though i don't even believe my own words myself.

"so, you wanna come or what? you can spend the night, too." she says while raising her eyebrows with a small grin growing on her facial expression.

i slump down in my chair, knowing that there's no way i can go, "you know i can't sleepover anywhere on saturdays because of church," i remind her, "and i can't come anyways. i have to go to this stupid food drive."