12 Unstoppable

The room was dark when Ming returned empty-handed. Wayo continued to sleep undisturbed, occupying half of the queen-sized bed. His friend was more tired than he thought he was. He let the shorter one be and sat on the unoccupied half of the bed with his back leaning on the headboard and thought about the future.

In front of his best friend, he confidently said getting revenge on those bullies would make things better for the both of them. It would be worth it to get revenge. How much of those words true? Ming was unsure.

He then remembered how much he suffered under the hands of those bullies and he wasn't alone in this. His eyes wandered on Wayo, who slept innocently despite what happened.

Ming had seen how much the past had affected the both of them. Wayo refused to get close to people without his approval. His friend would often be afraid and intimidated when approached by unfamiliar people older than him by a few years. In his case, he never had a proper relationship with anyone he dated. He had become two-faced in front of other people other than Wayo and their families. They lived a life where they often look back at that moment where they felt the weakest.

He wanted the past to stop haunting them. Those memories had been eating away a part of him day by day, he wanted them to stop. There had been moments in his friend's life where he had seen the effects of those memories.

If he was being honest to himself, there was no guarantee that getting revenge would stop the past from affecting their lives. But at the same time, the nightmares would continue if he did nothing.

Ming look at his hands that had changed so much over the past 2 years. A couple of years ago, it was smooth and soft. Now, his hands bore calluses. These changes were only on his hands. It was scary to think how much he had sacrificed to do something he never dreamed of doing when he was younger.

All he wanted was to feel at peace.

Maybe this revenge would help him. If not him, then Wayo.

He just needed to do something about these wounds that continued to plague them. And so, he can't stop. He really can't. No matter how many uncertainties affect his future, this was the only way he knows.

It was wrong. There was a big chance he'll regret it and yet... he sincerely believed that this will be the answer to end his suffering.

Ming fell asleep like this. Wayo woke him up just in time for breakfast.

Ming's back felt like crap when he opened his eyes. He winced as he stretched his back.

The buffet area for breakfast was bustling with students from their university. Most of the resort's occupants were from their school as there wasn't much customers during this time of the year.

He didn't have much appetite so got himself a small bowl of congee. Ming looked at Wayo's food and saw a selection of cereals and a large serving of omelet.

"Easy there Yo. You're eating so much."

Wayo slowed down a bit but continued to eat. "I wasn't able to eat anything last night so I'm making up for it."

"I'm just afraid that you're going to have indigestion."

"I just can't help it Ming. Food tastes better when it's free." Ming shook his head and ate his food. Wayo was rich or rather his parents were. They are the largest shareholder of a conglomerate. He has a lot of money to buy almost anything he wanted and yet for a breakfast buffet paid by their school, he's eating like there's no tomorrow.

Sometimes, in times like this, Ming can't understand his best friend.

Ming was finished with his bowl of porridge and watched Wayo ate his fill. Wayo ate meat buns and a few servings of sausages and sunny side up eggs before he was satisfied. It was amazing how much of his small stature can eat.