Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Third Person

"Are we sitting with them again," Ollie asked curiously.

Adrian put her books and binders in her locker, but even then she heard the slight quiver in her friend's voice. She couldn't blame him, sitting at a table with Elliot Wilds was kind of scary, okay it was scary.

She nodded. "Umm yeah." She murmured. "He was mad the last time when I didn't sit there."

She didn't like making Elliot mad, that was the last thing she intended and if it could be prevented then she would try her best to do just that. They were friends now anyway, did that mean he would be nicer to her?

I break girls like you. The words echoed in her ears, sending cold shivers straight down her spine.

"Okay, it's..it's just that Elliot is umm...kind of terrifying." He confesses. "And umm maybe uhh super good looking."

Adrian glances at her friend, a smile simpering onto her pink lips. "Yeah." She says quietly. "He's really pretty."

After her things are safely placed in her locker, she shuts it. She and Oliver then begin to walk down the corridor and to the cafeteria. As they walk the emptying halls Ollie chatters, a kind of rambling that Adrian has come accustomed to. It didn't bother her though, it kept her nerves at bay as she listened.

A blonde boy appears out of nowhere, not just any boy, Jaxon. The boy who wouldn't let Adrian go home, the boy Elliot beat up.

His face was colored in light shades of blue, it was healing pretty well considering. He had a look on his face that certainly wasn't happy, if Adrian didn't know any better she would call it a glare and not a pretty one. That look wasn't just for anyone, it was directed right at her,

She shrank a bit, shifting closer to Ollie. Jaxon wasn't a nice boy.

As Jaxon got closer, Adrian felt smaller and smaller. Her stomach clenched with unsettling nerves, her palms grew sweaty, and her face fell pale. This boy frightened her more than a criminal, much more.

He was close, very close. So close that he brushed her shoulder with a bit of force. Just as he did it, his harsh words filtered into her ear, so only she could hear. "We'll catch up soon, sweetheart, very soon."

For a second he watched her reaction, his split lips curving into a smirk that was nothing short of sinister. Then he took a step back continuing his walk down the hall with a pep in his step.

Gooseflesh dappled her skin, the hairs on her arms sticking straight up. Jaxon was planning on seeing her again, talking to her again, and she wasn't fond of the idea, not at all. It made her uneasy.

The whole thing took place so quick, she doubted Ollie even noticed it as anything other than friendly.

"Hey Ollie, do you know Jaxon?" Adrian asks quietly. She was afraid if she said his name any louder he would reappear.

They turned into the cafeteria, Ollie glancing at her. "Not really no, he's the captain of the basketball team though." He tells her, "Why?"

She shook her head. "N-no reason."

Adrian and Oliver made their way over to Elliot's table, he's already sitting in his designated seat right at the end. Everyone was already there, all the girls and all of the boys. Easton, Red, and Phoenix sat in one row. In the other row across from them sat Payton and Kiera. Ollie and her were the last ones to arrive.

There were only two open seats left that were right next to each other, one was directly next to Elliot in Payton's row. Oliver and her shared a look, he didn't want to sit next to Elliot, that was obvious.