Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Third Person

"Go tell your parents goodnight," Elliot uttered, letting his calloused tipped hands dip under her cotton shirt and trace the soft indented line of her spine, encapsulating her with currents of what seemed to be his very own electricity. It was the kind of feeling she only had when he was around, the kind she wished would never stop but did as soon as he left. And she adored it, harbored it, wanted so badly to just preserve it so even when he was gone it wouldn't just disappear as if it was never there to begin with, as if she just imagined it.

Tilting her head back, her dark blonde eyebrows furrowed, though she felt the need to squirm with Elliot's cold heavenly hands touching her so personally. "Why?" It was only eleven and it's not like she will be going to school tomorrow or anytime soon. She wasn't ready to go to bed, especially since Elliot just got here. Was he already going to leave so soon? She didn't want him to leave yet. Why did he come at all if he was just going to leave? She hated how the thought made her upset, sad even. Was it because he was mad?

Elliot slowly removed his hands from around Adrian's waist, taking a strand of her pale hair and swirling it around his tan bony finger just before lightly tugging it. "Because I said so." Was all he cared to say, then dropped her hair and stepped away, giving her a clear path to her bedroom door as he picked her book back up from her nightstand where he previously put it. She tried not to frown at the loss of his touch, even though she felt it so prominently, but she didn't think it was working. She didn't want to go all the way downstairs and then come back up only to see that he left.

"But you just got here." She whispered more to herself than him, feeling the disappointment stemming in her stomach and hating it as she wrapped her arms around herself for some sort of comfort to soothe the emptiness of Elliot's loss of contact.

The soft line of his mouth curled upwards as his thumb rolled across the book's pages easily as if he did often enough. "And now we're going to leave, little Adrian." He said it so effortlessly, not even bothering to ask, just telling her. And she swore some kind of current sifted through her when her name left his lips so delicately. It took Adrian a moment to comprehend what he was saying. We're going to leave. Not I'm. Because she had thought he was just going to leave after literally just arriving. She had a bad habit of jumping to conclusions. "So go tell your mommy and daddy goodnight, unless you want them to check on you later only to find out that you're not here."

"You're taking me with you?" She mumbled, staring intently at her rug, needing to hear the confirmation. Afraid he'd change his mind.

And even though she wasn't looking at him, she knew his intense irises were looking at her. She could feel them as hot as flint ready to spark. And it took everything in her to stay still when all her body wanted to do was squirm as if invisible ants and bugs were crawling on her skin and she could do nothing to rid herself of them but endure it. "Did I not just fucking say that?" As mean as the words sounded cursing and all, his voice wasn't harsh. His tone was almost soft, gentle even. Like he didn't want to upset her.

Folding her hands Adrian peaked up to meet his gaze, her disappointment fading as fast as sidewalk chalk in the rain. "Okay Eli, I'll tell them." She murmured, biting her bottom lip, giving him one last look before she began walking toward her bedroom door and down the staircase to where her parents were sitting in the living room, surely watching Tv. She had so many questions, but she swallowed them down because there was no way she was going to convince her parents if all she thought about was the boy in her room waiting for her. The boy who had her breaking all the rules one by one.

*

"Elliot," Adrian said in an almost whisper as she sat in the passenger seat of his mega big truck with her hands clasping and unclasping. She was often fidgety when she was with him, that or still as a stone. There was never a middle ground; it was one or the other. It was something she couldn't control because it was just another way Elliot affected her. She had no idea where they were going or what they were doing and knowing Elliot, it could be anything. That meant it could be an illegal thing, a law-breaking thing.