Chapter Twenty-Nine . . . Grown Up Christmas List

Chapter Twenty-Nine . . . Grown up Christmas List

Cat's POV

"Okay, now follow the light for me, please."

My eyes followed the light that flashed in my eyes and the doctor made a confirming noise before putting the flashlight away. My head began to hurt.

Geoff tapped his foot impatiently waiting for the doctor's reply. "Well?" He asked and the doctor turned to him.

"Well, it seems that Miss Daniels here has a concussion. Nothing to severe just enough to be a pain." He joked but I didn't find it funny. I was constantly sick and my head was pounding every time there was a light shined in my face, and living in Texas meant that there was always a light in my eyes.

"How about my ribs?" I asked as I noticed they were even more sore then before.

"Well, they aren't broken but it seems that you banged them up pretty good. So I suggest taking it easy, and no extreme exercise." He advised which was easy to follow considering the fact that I worked for a video game company.

"I will do doctor, thank you very much." I said.

"You're very welcome. If you have anymore concerns do not hesitate to call my office, and Merry Christmas."

The doctor walked out of the office and we followed him before leaving the building.

"See I told you I was fine!" I exclaimed and Geoff looked over me.

"Yeah I mean you only have a concussion, but I guess you are totally fine." He joked and I sighed.

"I swear you and Gavin over react sometimes, I mean it's not like I'm laying dead in the gutter somewhere." I joked but he wasn't finding it funny.

"Well, you never know what could happen to you. You did hit the ground pretty fucking hard." He said as we got to his car.

"Okay I get that, but couldn't it wait until after Christmas. I mean it's Christmas Eve!" I pouted and he laughed.

"I know, but you know how Gavin is around you." He said and I nodded.

As soon as we landed in Texas, Gavin was on his phone making me the earliest doctor's appointment, and urged me to go. Geoff, seeing how annoying Gavin was being, told him that he would take me and that he had some work to make up before his holiday break.

"Yeah, I know. I mean I love the guy and everything, but sometimes he's just so protective." I said and Geoff chuckled. "What?" I asked confused.

"It's just. If this were the other way around and you were in Gavin's shoes, would you make the same choices he did?" He asked making me think.

I mean, I did get hit pretty hard and I was in a lot of pain even though I didn't show it.

"I probably would send him to the doctor." I sighed and Geoff grinned.

"Of course you would because you two are in love." He said with a goofy voice.

"Oh right and you don't love Griffon?" I asked.

"Of course I do!" He said defensively at the mention of his wife.

"Then I guess you two are in love." I said matching the same goofy voice as his.

There was a long pause as we pulled into the Rooster Teeth parking lot.

"You know you are a smart ass, right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Why do you think my parents didn't like me?" I joked, but again he didn't find it too funny.

"I don't know, kid. I really don't know." He said sadly, but quickly shook his head. "I have something for you for Christmas." He said quickly turning his sadness into happiness.