Chapter Nine . . . Dinner with X-Ray and Vav

Chapter Nine . . .Dinner with X-Ray and Vav

Catherine's POV

After the long talk about the heist for GTA, I drove all three of us to Ray's apartment.

We stopped outside of his door and Ray turned at stared at me. "Cat, before we go in, I want you to know that I am a guy and my apartment isn't the cleanist."

"Or furnished." Gavin muttered but loud enough for us to hear.

"I got furniture!" He argued before turning back to me. "I just wanted you to know so you wouldn't be scared." I nodded.

"It'll be fine." I promised.

"See, it's fine, so can we get this in the bloody house?" Ray and I both grinned at Gavin who thought he was strong enough to carry all of Ray's groceries by his big boy self.

"No, I think we should stay out here for a little while." Ray said while winking at me.

"Raaaaayyyyyyy!" Gavin moaned.

Ray turned to the door and unlocked it. "There, you big baby."

Gavin rushed himself  through the door.

I shook my head at him while Ray wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "You'll get use to him. It may take a while, but it will happen. Now, you want to go in?" I nodded and Ray led me inside.

"So this is where team Brownman lives." I said in awe. His apartment may not be well furnished but it was definitely huge.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind the mess." He said nervously which I didn't know why. The place was spotless.

"Ray, it's fine. It's not even dirty." I said just as Gavin came in looking sad.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"Ray you don't have anything in your fridge." He moaned which made me giggle.

"You do realize we just went grocery shopping, right?" Ray asked making a light bulb go off in Gavin's head.

"Yeah, right."

"Why don't we unpack the food and I'll make you guys something to eat." I offered which the boys quickly agreed to.

After all of us worked together to unpack the food I decided to make spaghetti which was my specialty.

"Alright boys, off with you both." I shooed.

"You don't want any help?" Ray asked and I shook my head.

"No way, you two go play some video games or something. I'll be done in a half and hour." I promised. Ray was the first to leave the kitchen assuming that Gavin was behind him.

"You sure you don't need any help?" Gavin asked me.

"I don't think so Gavin. Besides I don't exactly trust you around a hot stove." I joked as I pulled out some vegetables. I began looking for a knife and found one in a drawer.

"I am an awesome chef." He said and jokingly acted hurt.

"What was the last thing you cooked, Gavin?" He opened his mouth to speak but I quickly cut him off. "Putting something in the microwave doesn't count. It had to be made from vegetables and stuff not out of a box." His mouth quickly shut as I began cutting vegetables.

"I can make 'Toad-In-A-Hole." He said confidently which caused me to stop what I was doing.

"What the hell is that?" I asked confused.

"It's a dish in England." I shook my head and continued to cut the vegetables.

"Well, this is America and I have never in my life heard of that dish. Have anyone from the office every eaten it?" I asked and he paused.