Chapter Fifty-Four . . .Pre-Baby Talk

Cat's POV

I hummed a little lullaby as I folded up all the clothes baby Raya got from the shower and put them in her drawer in her bedroom.

My phone began ringing and I quickly picked it up to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered as I stuck the phone between my shoulder and my ear.

"Hey Cat, it's me Allie. I'm at the house, do you think I can come in?"

I looked around the mess I made and bit my lip.

"If you don't mind helping me clean a little bit."

"I'll be up in a minute." She said before hanging up.

I chuckled as I hung my own phone and continued to fold the tiny little clothes.

"Hey." Allie greeted.

I lifted my head up with a smile, but it dropped once I took a look at her pale face and dark circles around her eyes.

"Jesus Allie, what happened to you?"

She frowned and laid on the ground next to the pile of clothes I was folding.

"I had a rough night."

"Are you . . . hungover?" I asked as I took in her appearance once again.

She shook her head at me.

"No, I mean I had a couple of drinks but nothing to get me wasted." She lifted her head up. "I did meet a very nice guy though." She winked at me and it caused me to chuckle.

"What about that Jonathon guy?"

She sighed and shook her head as she sat up.

"Nah, he's not for me. Too jealous for my liking."

I couldn't help but grin at her complaints.

"It isn't funny." She said pushing out her bottom lip.

"I'm sorry, it's just you are so quiet around the office and it's like once you're out and about you become this free little bird." I joked.

She scratched the back of her neck and let out a little nervous chuckle.

"You know, Ryan has been talking about you a lot."

Her head shot up immediately and a small pink blush appeared on her cheeks.

"I know. Michael and Geoff don't let me hear the end of it. Plus he's always asking me out to lunch."

I sat up straighter suddenly more interested than I was before.

"Did you go?" I asked excitedly.

Allie paused before shaking her head.

"WHAT!" I yelled which cause baby Raya to jump in my belly.

I quickly put a hand on my stomach to soothe her.

"You okay?" Allie asked, looking as if she's ready to call 911

"No, I'm not. You and Ryan are perfect together. Go to lunch with him!" I commanded and she smiled sadly.

"He wouldn't find me interesting."

I sighed frustratingly and rubbed my temples.

"I swear you people are going to put me into labor." I said to myself.

"CAT!" Gavin's voice called from down the steps.

I looked at Allie who was already on her feet.