Ch.6: Team Hebi

Chapter 6: Team Hebi

Location: Unknown

The only thing that could be seen was darkness. It was dark here; it was dark over there. Not even a speck of light shined within this infinite world. No person, no place, no identity, no nothing. Was it going to be like this forever? One could only know so much. But it was peaceful; for once in her lifetime, she was truly feeling peaceful. There was nothing to worry about; not for herself or anyone.

Her body felt like it was floating in the air, no gravity holding it down by her burdens. Naomi could just drift like this forever and ever. Being in this state was like swimming under water, the waves gently rocking you back and forth with its very calming nature. However, kami had other plans for her. Fate was pushing her towards an impossible mission, and it wasn't taking no for an answer.

Suddenly, an illuminating light appeared in front of her blinding her view of the peaceful darkness. She didn't want to go into the light, but apparently no choice was given. Naomi's breathing got heavier and the bright light suddenly dimmed into whisper of voices. They were getting louder, and she was trying to figure them out.

"Why is she even here..." A voice distastefully asked. It sounded like a feminine voice that probably needs a voice box surgery, because honestly it was fucking annoying her.

"We found her in the forest, and Sasuke wanted to bring her back because she's part of the Akatsuki. She can probably lead him to Itachi." A deep baritone voice replied to the nasally one.

"Ugh! Sasuke-kun is strong enough to get Itachi himself! I don't see why we need this... this girl," she spat, "To lead us to where his brother is, Jūgo!" Naomi guessed that the baritone voice was a buy named Jūgo.

"Karin, Sasuke thought it would be easier. But ask him if you have complains." Jūgo sighed. Ah, so the nasally voice belongs to some chick named Karin. Naomi thought to herself. She could feel herself being disgruntled as she moaned for some silence from the annoying voice. But of course, the previous light was making no excuses and won the 'battle.'

The voices hushed down from her movement. "It looks like she's waking up," Karin commented, "We should call Sasuke-kun." The sound of footsteps faded away from the room.

Naomi tried to open her eyes gradually but the room light was too bright, making her instinctively close them. She wanted to squirm, but the pain of the injuries said otherwise. She slowly fluttered her eyes open to see a wooden ceiling with cracks lining across it. Her eyes scanned the place; it seemed like a hotel room that was at a hot spring due to the scenery seen from the window.

Her eyes snapped from the window to a set of dark, coal eyes staring at her with a slight glare. "You're awake."

All Naomi did was stare. It was him. It was really him. No words escaped her mouth as her wide eyes stared at him in shock. And her rapidly beating heart wasn't helping either.

...

Sasuke scanned the girl lying on the futon. A bandage was wrapped around her head, her chest, and the rest of her upper body. Yet some blood seeped through the material. Her deep, onyx eyes were staring back at him. The eyes of the Uchiha Clan. He could see the similarity between her and the clan. The same raven colored hair and black eyes so deep that they could pierce your soul. To be perfectly honest, she was pretty.

"You..." The first word the girl spoke, "W-where am I? Why did you bring me here?" she asked as her hand automatically reached for her head.

Sasuke smirked as he leaned against the wall while crossing his arms across his toned chest. "You're part of the Akatsuki. A direct ticket to where he is; I couldn't have had a better opportunity." He replied. She raised an eyebrow at him and rolled her eyes.