Ch.20: Revived

Ch.20: Revived

Naomi quietly sighed as she laid against Sasuke’s chest. The two were now alone in the cave since Itachi had left them a while ago to do an unknown errand. Frankly, the two didn’t know what was in Itachi’s mind most of the time, but they guessed it was important.

It had been just two hours since Shisui had departed this world once more and was up above with Sora. Naomi had let out all of her emotions already to the point where she had no tears left. Rather, her heart felt more at peace since she had been reunited with both of her parents. She was able to meet both of them and get to know them and learn their past. To see them at peace, made Naomi happy. And nothing else mattered if the people she cared about were not in distress.

“How are you feeling?” Sasuke quietly whispered as he rested his chin upon her shoulder. Naomi gently smiled as she kissed his cheek, “Much better. Thank you.”

He merely nodded becoming quiet again. Naomi curiously gazed at him from the corner of her eyes, “What’s on your mind?” she asked.

Sasuke frowned, “What is a clan? What is a village? What is… a shinobi? What am I?”

Naomi remained quiet as she listen to him ask these trifling questions. These were questions that she didn’t know if she could answer. For she had no idea what made a person a shinobi? Or clan? Or village?

However, before she could say anything, one of the cave walls blew up into pieces as it caused a small destruction. Naomi and Sasuke immediately stood up and held their katan’s in their hands for defense. “Found you!” They heard a voice.

Naomi squinted her eyes through the huge dust cloud that was forming, “Suigetsu?” she questioned.

“You guys…?” Sasuke’s eyes widened as the both of them stared at Suigetsu and Jugo standing in front of the large hole they created from entering the cave.

“What are you two doing here?” Suigetsu asked.

Naomi raised an eyebrow, “We could ask you the same thing. But we were stopping the reanimation.”

“Huh? Tch, you two have always been like that… you never explain anything to people.” he sighed.

“That’s more like Sasuke,” Naomi crossed her arms, “He’s the one who doesn’t explain, not me.” Sasuke rolled his eyes in response before pointing behind.

“Eh?” Suigetsu muttered before turning around to see Kabuto’s new form completely frozen.

“It’s Kabuto,” Sasuke informed, “He was using the reanimation.” Suigetsu carefully walked forward and inspected Kabuto as if he was some detective.

“This is Kabuto?” he scoffed in disbelief, “He’s kind of gross, isn’t he? This thing coming of his gut looks like a huge—”

“Just leave him be, Suigetsu.” Naomi rolled her eyes at his antics before crossing her arms.

Jugo knelt down in front of Anko, “She’s alive.” He informed them making Naomi nod.

“You know I kind of forgot she was even there…” she sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck as Sasuke clicked his tongue at her.

“What do you two want with us at this point?” Sasuke asked Suigetsu and Jugo, “Why did you go out of your way to look for us?”

“Oh yeah!” Suigetsu exclaimed with a large grin, revealing his shark-like teeth, “That’s right! You have to see this! Look.” He took out a scroll out of his cloak pocket, “We found something incredible in one of Orochimaru’s hideouts.”