Chapter 6

Aditya Hooda

Sunday is the day, invented, just to be wasted, like you don't know how it flew by doing nothing productive, just chilling around until the stress of Monday creeps in. But this Sunday was a way more strange. Like for instance, I woke up early, strange! Cleaned my room though I don't know why, strange! Did calculus so early in the morning for an hour so that I can distract my mind, strange! Exercised till my muscles gave up. But to my sheer luck, nothing helped me divert my mind. So, finally I decided to visit her and just make sure that everything is going to go well.

I pulled the breaks of my car in front of her house as I gulped down the last sip of my cold coffee. In anxiousness I forgot to inform her that I was coming. Lets see, whats awaiting me. I got out of the car and pressed the bell looking around the beautiful garden by the side. I heard the foot steps approaching, I gulped rolling my tongue as I waited patiently.

A lady in her late forties opened the door, wearing a salvar suit, her hair falling exactly like Zoya's.

"Namaste Aunty, I am Aditya, Zoya's friend, is she home?" I asked smiling sheepishly. She looked confused at my words or may be she didn't like the red t- shirt I was wearing, I guess.

"Namaste...ahhh wait, Zoya Betaa, Zoya..." she shouted turning back, her hand still on the doorknob. She looked at me again with weird face.

"Zoya never mentioned about you before" she asked with slightly confused and shocked expression. Oh, thats the matter. Before I could reply her, Zoya came downstairs wearing a plain blue hoodie and black denim, her hair tied up in a messy bun, and of course her signature frown fixed on her face. Yes, she is Zoya.

"Adity..a What are you doing here?" She scowled, her words disintegrated.

"Manners Zoya!" Her mother shouted, is Zoya truly her daughter? I doubt. "And by the way you never mentioned him before? " her mother asked her.

"Actually Aunty, we became friends just a week ago, Zoya and I have to do a project together!" I said smiling to her mother as the girl furrowed her brows again.

"Oh...Ok Come in and Zoya you both can work together meanwhile I need to go to the market to buy some groceries. Tell Noor that breakfast is ready once she comes from her music class" Aunty said still looking a bit dazed as she let me in and went back to her room , I suppose.

The girl dashed to me angrily, "What are you doing here?" She asked in a whisper.

"Just wanna check that if you are fully prepared for today or not!" I said in equally low tone.

Her mother saved me from her another rude blow as she exited the house.
.
.
.
.

Currently we were playing Jenga, sitting on her bedroom's floor. We tried chatting to know each other more but it went quite awkward and I may say boring too. She suggested to play, and I agreed.

"Your room is so boring!" I said stating a matter of fact as I successfully removed a block from the tower.

"Oh I am so sorry but my room is surely not the tourist place to get you all excited." She scoffed angrily. She had a point though.

"What are you going to wear for today?" I asked casually eyes focused on the game as I smartly ignored her defence.

"Well, I have not decided yet!" She said as the tower fell to the ground making me win.

"Hmm..." I sighed feeling exhausted sitting on the floor for so long as I leaned against the bed.

"Hey, don't worry! It will go fine!" She said assuring. I turned my face to her and just nodded.