Chapter 5

Zoya Siddiqui

When I was ten, a boy named Raj used to bully me a lot in school, pulling my plaits, teasing me with different names, beating me. One day during second day of our school after summer vacations, when he was was about to pull my hair, a girl stood in front of me, protecting me like shield, she was taller than me and a bit skinny for her age yet she managed to scare the hell out of him. She ordered me to slap him, I being scared of her myself slapped him across his face giving him a good taste of his own deeds. After that, Raj stayed away from me for a lifetime. Giving me the best friend that I could ever have, Pooja Mathur! I used to be a loser but thanks to her from that year, I became the strong girl who could stand for herself. Pooja, my bestest friend.

So, her reaction was quite justifiable when she heard that Aditya and I were dating.

"Pooja calm down, listen to me. We both like each other and and Aditya..is is my boyfriend, we are dating!" I said holding his forearm. Save me!

And Aditya being Aditya kept his arm around my shoulders and smiled wickedly provoking her more. I knew the bomb would blast now any minute. She held Aditya's arm and swat it away and pulled me with her at the corner angrily.

"Will you please explain me now?" She asked as she released her hold. Should I tell the truth? After all she deserves it. I thought.

No. Not now!. May be few days later. Yaa, that would be correct.

"Pooja I know you're shocked right now, I know I should have called you before. But believe me I was not planning for you to find out like this" I said feeling truly guilty.

"I am not shocked because you didn't call me Zoya, I am shocked because I am not able to digest that you are dating your nemesis. Aditya!? How? When? And most importantly WHY!?" She said with disgust. I can feel you girl, but you don't know the truth. I sighed.

"Believe me Pooja, Aditya is not that bad, I know I hated him but now I like him." I tried to be reasonable knowing exactly that even I couldn't buy that.

"Just in three days... what magic has he done on you? I can't believe this!" Pooja said crossing her hands.

"Please Pooja, I know its weird, for me too! I promise that I will explain you everything but for now will you not support your only best friend!?" I asked with puppy eyes playing the best friend card that always works.

"You always do this!!" she said, I smiled. "Fine .." she spoke finally still frowning but eventually hugged me smilingly.

"So, Aditya and you, huh?" She said teasingly. I just nodded happily.

We went to the table again, Aditya stood up with a nervous face questioning me with his eyes. Both the men stood in front of us silently, it kinda felt awkward but at the same time funny too.

"Aditya Hooda, hmm quite an player you are, how come you were able to stole my innocent girl? I won't forgive you until my death!" Pooja said sarcastically. Aditya relaxed his shoulders sighing, knowing that the secret was not out.

"Who said she is innocent? She just looks innocent, she is not, ask me!" he said narrowing his eyes at me mischievously.

"Oh..Stop it!" I whacked his chest playfully. We all laughed together wholeheartedly.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This drama has to end soon, its getting a bit too overboard. I thought as I jumped the last step of our campus building. Pooja had already left as she had a function to attend this evening. I was in my thoughts, a sudden loud horn caught my attention.

"Heyyy , Pooh Bear where do you think you are going?" He shouted laying against his car. Can't he just let me be? I walked towards him lazily.

"Usually people go to their houses, I don't know about your breed though!" I spatted.