Chapter Three

The school year was to finally start today.

Within the past few days, the villain kids settled into their new life in Auradon. The boys wasted no time in getting a gaming console. One of the dorm rooms had been open when Doug led them through the boys' hallway. Upon peering in, Jay and Carlos had seen other kids hunched in front of their television screens, playing some sort of game. They begged Doug to get them one of those, so Dopey's son had no choice but to guide them on Housekeeping services. Soon, Jay and Carlos were busy smashing buttons on their controllers.

They did go out of their room from time to time. When they weren't playing, Jay would be in the Fitness Center, trying out all the gym equipment. People steered clear of him because they knew who he was, but that didn't stop girls from freely ogling his well-built figure.

Meanwhile, Carlos would be busy staying in the library. He had always been fascinated by science, technology, and math. The young boy regarded himself as a nerd, and he was all too happy to use the Internet which wasn't available back on the Isle.

On the other hand, the girls had immediately gotten to work on redecorating their room. Mal, of course, had wanted nothing pink, so she had her sheets and pillowcases replaced with a deep purple, while Evie had hers in royal blue. The draperies were changed to dark blue, and the sheer curtains were a plain white color.

With the room finally according to their liking, Evie ordered a sewing machine and tools from the Housekeeping catalogue. She dragged out all the clothes from her, and even Mal's, cabinet to make modifications to their design and color.

The bluenette also spent a lot of time on her phone, figuring out which app was for what purpose. Her favorites were the camera and Pixie, an app for socializing where you befriend people, make posts, or send messages. Evie gained popularity on social media as people began to get over their fear of her and realize how charming the girl could be.

On the contrary, Mal chose to keep to herself. Flipping through the pages of her mother's spellbook, she tested her magic capabilities by trying out all sorts of spells ranging from changing her hair color to levitating small objects.

When she got bored with that, she stayed in front of the television, switching from channel to channel. She was particularly interested in the art and cartoon ones. Evie had also practically forced her to create an account on Pixie, an activity Mal rushed to get over and done with. She didn't really want anything to do with her phone, believing that old hag Fairy Godmother might be spying on them.

More than anything else, the villain kids loved Auradon Prep's cafeteria. It was full of all kinds of food that they had never tasted before, such as cupcakes and a chocolate fountain. The four were also honestly relieved that they wouldn't have to steal food like they did at the goblin-run Slop Shop located in the Isle.

Of course, they weren't in Auradon to just frolic and have fun. Being Maleficent's daughter, Mal had begun planning for their evil scheme. With help from Carlos, she found out that Fairy Godmother's magic wand was at the Museum of Cultural History. The place was heavily guarded as it contained artifacts previously owned by heroes and villains.

Seeing that there seemed to be no way of successfully getting the wand out without triggering security, Mal settled for another approach. With Carlos's help yet again, she learned that Fairy Godmother had a daughter named Jane who might have some information about whether her mother took out the wand from time to time.

"Mal, you really should be making more use of your phone. There's so much you can learn on Hollow. Tinkerbell was truly a genius to have invented it.", Carlos remarked as he referred to the search engine app on their mobile devices.

"Nonsense. There's no way I'm touching that phone. You'll be sorry once they find something and send you back to the Isle.", Mal snorted.

The Fairy Godmother also visited them to give an overview on the courses they have to take in Auradon Prep, as well as to help them in choosing their elective classes.

"Electives change every semester, but you'll find that all of them are helpful in obtaining various skills.", the headmistress explained.

Mal had gone with Graphite Sketching, Evie had chosen Pattern Making, Jay had thought Jousting would be interesting, and Carlos had taken on Basic Chivalry.

"Your schedules are automatically updated with these classes. Now, if there's no more questions, I'll see you all at 8 AM on Monday for Remedial Goodness 101."

- - - - - - - - - -

It turned out that Remedial Goodness 101 was a new course specifically created for the villain kids and taught by Fairy Godmother herself. Mal could tell it would be a very boring and useless class indeed. Jay had to use all his willpower not to fall asleep over learning how to be good so early in the morning.

After the class had ended, the four stood outside the classroom. "Ugh, of course they would try to teach us to be good.", Mal scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"I have Chemistry next. What about you guys?", Evie asked as she played around with the campus map on her phone to figure out where the Science building was.

"It's free time for me.", Carlos announced triumphantly, his bag slung on his shoulder. "I think I'm gonna get more sleep."

"Uh, Safety Rules for the Internet.", Jay said, his eyes squinting at his class schedule.

"History of Auradon. Great, another boring class.", Mal groaned.

"Well, Miss Mal, it appears we both have the same boring class next. Come on then, we don't want to be late.", Fairy Godmother suddenly spoke up from behind them.

Mal went wide-eyed in embarrassment, while the rest of her friends tried to hold in their laughter. Her best friend gave her a small wave. "Good luck, M."

- - - - - - - - - -

Evie stared at the hot blonde guy from the table across hers. He was playing on his phone, obviously not paying any attention to the teacher. She nudged Doug who was sitting beside her.

"Hey, Doug. Who's that hottie over there?", she whispered, pointing subtly to the unknown guy's direction.

Doug momentarily took his eyes off from the blackboard to look at whoever she was pointing at. "Oh, that's Chad. Son of Queen Cinderella and King Charming."

"He's a prince then?", Evie asked, her eyes gleaming.

"Yes, though it doesn't really seem like it.", Doug replied. The girl only continued to gape at Chad dreamily, not even noticing Doug's mean comment.

"Miss Evie! When you were brought here from the Isle, you are expected to study, not stare off into space.", Mr. Deley, the Chemistry teacher, suddenly shouted.

Startled, Evie straightened up. She could hear the other kids laughing softly from behind her. "I'm sorry, Sir."

"Perhaps this is just a review for you. Can you answer the question on the board?", he asked, challenging her.

Evie shifted her attention to the problem written on the board and saw that it was just a simple question of calculating the molar mass of an unknown element. Punching a few buttons on her calculator, she spoke up. "180 grams per mole, Sir."

Mr. Deley was surprised that Evie knew how to answer the question. Humiliated, he cleared his throat. "Right. Uh, very good. I forget that it's always a mistake to underestimate a villain."

"Don't make it again, Sir.", Evie said, beaming. Miss Yzma back at Dragon Hall would surely be proud of her. She stole another glance at Chad and found that he was also looking at her. The bluenette blushed at the eye contact but remained attentive to the lesson.