19: Epilogue

Rossi smiled and looked up at me, took my hand, and said, "He would be proud of you." 

*One year later*

After that night with Emily and Rossi, I finally was able to breathe freely. I no longer had questions about my life and who my parents were. 

We were also were able to find Andrew and Elanna, and got them into custody.

Emily and I had bonded and traveled back to Afghanistan to see where she used to live and the hospital I was born in. We also created an organization for the Foster Care Scandal to find and relocate kids in bad homes.

Rossi also wrote a new book about our story of a new BAU agent finding her true family with her friends. It's called Friends Become Family.

Will and J.J. finally got together and have a baby girl on the way. I am going to be an auntie/godmother. J.J. said that it's a tradition that everyone in the BAU team gets assigned a family role to the kid. I was honored to be the kid's family.

Morgan and Garcia decided to travel the world but after a few months I got a call from Penelope saying, "This man is driving me crazy," and Morgan yelling, "I'm not the one driving."

It was funny to listen to them bickering.

Emily and Hotch started dating and are about to get married and also Emily is adopting Jack. Ever since Jack's mother died Emily and I were there for him. Aaron loved our company and I love being Jack's buddy.

Emily finally saw herself as a motherly figure and she has done everything to make it up to me and I am just happy to have someone to call mom. 

When we tell people our story they ask me, "How are you so okay with this situation?"

I always respond, "This is what was suppose to happen. There's nothing to be mad at anymore. Yes, I was upset at the start but now I know it happened for a reason."

I also started to date Spencer and we have been having a lot of chess matches and I hate to say this but I have lost.

Spencer and I have been talking about getting married too but I don't want to overshadow Hotch and Emily's big day so we decided to wait until after their honeymoon.

*Wedding Day*

I was standing in the mirror looking at Emily. She never looked so beautiful. We walk down the aisle and I see Hotch standing there next to the priest. Emily grabbed Hotch's hand and we listened to their vowels.

As I was listening I saw Jack holding the rings and he had the biggest smile.

They kissed and we all clapped and I was crying.

At the after-party, everyone was giving a toast to the newlyweds and Jack walked up to me, "I need your help?"  

"Sure," I said and he pulled me to another room.

"What's up," I ask?

He looked nervous and he said, "I want to give a speech but I am nervous."

I smiled and said, "Why?"

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't want to mess it up."

I laughed and said, "It's okay no one is going to laugh at you. Tell you what, do you want me to go first and then I can introduce you."

He nodded and hugged me and said, "Thanks."

I hugged him back and we sat back down.

Everyone was listening to Penelope's speech and when she finished and everyone was capping I raised my glass.

"Excuse me, I must say some words," and everyone looked at me. Now I knew why Jack was so nervous. 

I looked at Emily and Hotch and said, "If someone had asked me two years ago when I joined the BAU that if this job would change me I would have said no. Yes, this job changes you in many ways but I would have never thought I would finally meet my biological mother and gain a new father too. Emily, you have been a great mother to me for the past year and I know you will be an amazing mother to Jack. Hotch, don't let go of her because I heard she is a flight risk. I know you will treat her in the best way possible. I have to say my story is not a classic fairy tale but the one thing that the tale got right was a happy ending."

Everyone clapped and I said, "And now a few words from young Jack."

Jack turned a bright shade of red and I gave him a reassuring look and held his hand as he spoke.

"Umm... Hi," He started and everyone silently chuckled.

"I just want to say I am very happy that my dad was able to find someone he could love again. I remember the speech he gave me when my mom died. He said that his main priority was me but I remember telling him he deserves to be happy too. Emily was the only person to make my dad smile like he's never smiled before. So, I am very happy that Emily will be here to complete our family. I am also grateful to have a big sister who will be there for me. Thank you."

Everyone cheered and clapped at Jack's speech and I gave him the biggest hug.

The music started to play and Jack pulled me to the dance floor and we danced and laughed and had cake.

*After the wedding*

I walked into Emily's room. She was changing into some more comfortable clothes and I asked, "You happy to be out of the dress?"

She laughed and said, "Yes but I mostly happy to be out of those shoes."

I gave her a hug and sat her down.

"I have a question for you and I wanted your permission before I do anything else."

She raised an eyebrow and said, "Please tell me you didn't hurt someone."

I laughed and said, "No, I can't not because I am an FBI agent but my parents are ones too."

She laughed with me and said, "So what do you want to ask me."

I smiled and looked at her and said, "What do you think of me getting married to Spencer?"

The biggest smile appeared on her face and then tears, "He proposed?"

"No," I said smiling, "But we have been talking about it and decided to just announce it without a big proposal. We also wanted to ask for permission."

Just then Spencer and Hotch walked up and Hotch said, "Let me guess..."

Emily just smiled and kissed him. Spencer held my hand and they looked at us and Emily said, "I think you guys are perfect together."

"I agree," Hotch added.

I gave them a hugged and took Spencer's hands and said, "We're getting married," and kissed him.