6: News

Monday

I walk into work with Penelope chasing me saying, "Wait up,"

I stopped walking until she caught up with me, and I said, "Either you need to stop wearing heels or get longer legs," she rolled her eyes at me and said, "Haha, did you read the rest of the letter?"

I laughed at her sarcastic laugh and said, "Yes, I did," she looked at me and said, "And..."

"And that's all I am going to say," the was upset with my response and wanted more, but J.J. walked up and said, "We got a case."

I looked at Penelope and said, "Serial killers don't know when to stop."

We walked into the briefing room, and we saw Andrew's photo on the screen. I asked, "Why is Andrew Hud on the screen?"

Hotch looked at me and said, "Go into my office, and I will be there in a minute," but I didn't move, and so he said, "That's an order."

I walked out and went to his office to see Rossi sitting there too. He looked at me and said, "You got kicked out too, huh?"

I nodded and said, "Andrew Hud's photo was on the screen. What's going on?"

"I'm just as confused as you are, kiddo," he said as Hotch walked in.

Hotch walked in and said, "You two will not be working on this case."

Rossi and I both said, "Why?"

Hotch sighed and said, "It has to deal with Jason Gideon, and you two are too close to him."

I was upset and said, "Aren't we all too close to Gideon?"

He nodded but said, "The team will be able to separate their emotions from Jason and work the case as normal."

Hotch walked away and I just looked at Rossi with disbelief and he shook his head. 

Rossi was about to leave when he asked, "Do you want to come over? We have a lot to catch up."

I nodded and followed him to his house. I walked in and took my shoes off at the door and he said, "Looks like you haven't forgotten Jason's rules about shoes in the house," I laughed and said, "Jason called it manners."

Rossi nodded and said, "No matter how different we were from each other we went well together."

I laughed and said, "I've read all of your books there amazing. I learned so much about you in your books than when I was actually with you."

He nodded and asked, "What do you remember about us?"

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I remember you saving me from my adoptive parents, I remember that night."

He looked at me and said, "That is a day I will never forget. Jason and I were chasing down two serial killers and ended up with your adoptive parents. We didn't profile them to have and kids but when we saw you sitting on the ground with your hands up, Jason knew you were special."

I nodded and added, "Apparently Jason got in contact with my biological dad and tried to convince him to take custody of me but he didn't want to."

"I didn't know he tried to do that," Rossi said, surprised. I looked at him seriously and then questioned, "I would have thought he would have told you?"

He shook his head and said, "He had his secrets that he took to his grave."

Rossi then asked, "How did you know he tried looking for your biological father?"

"I got a letter from supposedly my half-brother and he explained many things, and also I got a letter from my biological father that he wrote before he died," I said knowing he will ask more questions.

Rossi sat there speechless and I was confused, but then I saw that he wasn't looking at me but at something behind me. I turn around and noticed the tv was on and I see Hotch on the screen.

Rossi turned up the volume and we listened to Hotch say, "We are trying to find Andrew Hud. He apparently had a partner that we didn't know about until now. His partner broke him out of prison and is now on the run. I advise everyone to stay with a friend, or family at this time because he is known to kill singles. Thank you that is all."

I turned to Rossi and he said, "Well this isn't good."

I shook my head and said, "No this is bad. Are you okay having a guest over for tonight?"

He nodded and said, "Anytime." 

I tried calling J.J. or Emily but they didn't answer, so I decided to call Penelope and she said, "I am not supposed to talk to you Alex neither is J.J. and Emily or the rest of the team, I'm sorry," and hung up abruptly. 

Rossi looked over at me and said, "I haven't gotten any luck with Spencer, Morgan, or Hotch either. I assume that this has to involve us."

I sighed and dialed Jimmy's number and thankfully he picked up, "Hey, Jimmy it's Alex."

"Hey, Alex I'm leaving tomorrow to see you," Jimmy said very eagerly.

I was concerned for his safety because Andrew was on the loose and I didn't know if I was allowed to talk about the case but then I heard Jimmy say, "Hello? Are you there?"

"Um, Yes, I am here, sorry. What time will you arrive," I asked still deep into my thought on deciding to tell him or not?

"I will arrive at 10:45 am I board around 4-ish."

"Okay great I'll see you then," I said and hung up.

Rossi looked at me concerned and I said, "My half-brother is moving here tomorrow and he's living with me. He doesn't know anything about what's going on in my life, but since his- our father passed away he's been alone and I want him to feel comfortable, so I invited him to stay with me. I already had Garcia do a full background check on him and she said he has a squeaky clean record."

"Are you ready to meet him," Rossi asked and I shrugged my shoulders because I didn't know if I was ready but Jimmy is coming whether I like it or not.

Rossi's phone rang and he picked it up. I heard him say, "Hey Hotch..." and then walked away.

I didn't hear much of the conversation but Rossi came back in and said, "We're needed back at the BAU."

Rossi offered to drive and we raced off to the office. We walked in and everyone was banged up.

"Oh my gosh, what happened," I said concerned.

J.J. looked at me with anger and I was confused but then Hotch yelled from the stairs, "Rossi, Alex, come over to my office."

I walked over to him as Rossi followed and I asked, "What happened to everyone?"

Hotch sat down and asked, "Did you see the news?"

Rossi nodded and I said, "Yes, are you going to tell us what's going on?"

Hotch sighed, looked at Rossi, and said, "Andrew Hud was the person who escaped on the 2001 foster care scandal case." I looked over at Rossi and saw that he was shocked and he looked at me with fear.

I asked him, "What? What does that mean?"

Rossi looked at me sincerely and said, "The 2001 foster care scandal case was the one Jason and I worked on when we found you, Alex."