1: Greetings

"Hi, I am Alexandra Montgomery. I am here about the BAU's analysis team. I hear you need a new profiler for your team," I say, shaking Agent Hotchner's hand and him looking suspicious about me.

He asked me how did I find out about this position, and I said, "I am an early graduate of Harvard University and have obtained several Ph.D. and bachelor's degrees in 5 years. Jason Gideon was my adoptive father and taught me his best skills in profiling, and I was top of my class in the FBI training courses."

"I didn't know he had adopted a kid," Arron said surprisingly, and I said, "He knew that he was in danger, so I was his 'escape plan' for having a 'normal' life. He was supposed to foster me for 3 months, but he grew attached to me, and I was a good distraction for him, so he adopted me. But not even 2 months later, he was killed, so I got relocated. He saved lives, sir, and I knew that I wanted to be just like him when I grew up. So, here I am ready to prove I am a profiler."

I looked at Agent Hotchner and could tell he is very skeptical of hiring me, but he decided to give me a chance, "All right, We have a case in Tennesee; will you be ready in 10 minutes?" I nodded and said, "I'm ready now."

He looked at me and said, "We board in 10 minutes, I'll have our technical analysis get you up to speed."

I nodded, and he gave me the files for this case. I met the technical analysis, Penelope Garcia, she was an interesting person. She said, "Hello little duckling, I'm Garcia," I shook her hand and said, "Hello, fellow duck, I'm Alexandra, but everyone calls me Alex."She looked at Agent Hotchner and said, "I like her already, sir." She gave me files and said, "You, my fine furry friend, are welcome."

I laughed at her statement and walked to the jet. I stepped onto the jet and saw a woman already on the plane. I looked at her, and she had dark brown hair with bangs, and I said, "Hello, I'm Alexandra, but most people call me Alex," she looked shocked and stood up, "Oh, sorry you scared me, I'm Emily Prentiss, but the team calls me Em."

I shook her hand and said, "Sorry for scaring you," and we both laughed. The rest of the team boarded the plane, and I met the rest of the group. Spencer Reid, the smart guy, Derek Morgan, the tough guy, Jennifer Jareau, the media and press woman, and SSA David Rossi are my dad's best men. 

I sat near David as we were going over the case. Reid said, "10 victims in 10 days the Unsub is malicious and organized to have pulled these off each day." 

Hotch asked Reid, "How long would it take to get in the house kill and then move to another neighborhood and do it again the next day?"

"Well... the murders all happen at night, so it's very possible that this Unsub gets to know the victim and somehow gets invited into the house because it shows no forced entry, kill at a specific time, and then leave everything behind and start again. So, it would take about 1 hour to get to know someone and another to have somewhat of trust between the victim and the Unsub to enter the house. The murders are very sloppy, so it could have taken about 15 minutes to kill the victim and leave in the night without being seen. I say the Unsub did this around 5 pm and killed at 7 pm just when it was getting dark," I said as everyone was looking at me.

I looked at Reid and then at Hotch and said, "Sorry you were talking to Agent Reid," I sad very embarrassed, and Reid said, "It's Doctor."

I held my hands up in surrender and said, "Sorry," once again and said, "I didn't mean to offend you." He looked at me and now I don't think he likes me. Morgan chuckled and said, "Looks like the pretty boy has some competition."

Hotch said, "David and Alex go to the previous crime scene and see what you can get there. Morgan and Reid go the Medical Examiner to get the autopsy reports and see if there are any signatures on the bodies. The rest of us will set up at the station."

We land and meet up with the local police to escort us to the house. As we are driving, Agent Rossi asked me, "Do you remember me?"

I was confused at his question, "Sir," he looked at me and said, "Do you remember me? I met you long ago when the BAU just started to begin."

I nodded, "Yes, I do remember you. You were Jason's, right-hand man. You guys were the best out there. I learned from the best, and I am honored to be working aside with you, sir." He laughed and said, "Everyone, except Penelope, calls me Dave, so please call me Dave."

We pulled up to the house and started to inspect the crime scene, and I ask one of the officers, "Nothing has been moved?" He shook his head and said, "We haven't touched anything."I was confused, and Rossi asked me, "What are you thinking?"

I was still deep into my thought as I looked around the house. The furniture was scratched up, and some were beaten up not by a struggle but from a kid. I said, "This victim either had a kid or watched kids because the furniture is beaten up and look on the walls it looks like someone drew on them with a crayon because you can see the light reflecting the wax off the wall. Also, this victim might have a pet because this couch has scratch marks normally are from a cat or a small dog."

The officer added, "In her bathroom, there's a litter box that hasn't been emptied."Rossi asked the officer and me, "So, where is the cat, and does she have kids?"