19 | Welcome to the Truth

Start from the beginning

   When I turned to Sophie, who was still standing behind the counter, her wide eyes were looking between Liam and I several times before settling her gaze on me seconds later. "You—"

   "I'm taking my lunch break," I said, not giving her a chance to say anything before walking down the hall by the back of the diner—the hall that was also closest to Liam's table.

   I heard her cussing behind me, and I ended up grinning the rest of the way to the employees bathroom.

   I leaned against the white, double sink vanity, and within seconds, the door was thrown open, bringing me to lock eyes with Liam. "Hey, Bangs," he muttered just as I crossed the distance, pressing my lips to his.

   He groaned against my mouth, and I faintly heard him close and lock the door. "Hey, Trip," I mumbled against him, only to laugh as he hoisted me up.

   Without thought, I wrapped my legs around his waist the same moment he pressed my back against the cool door. A gruntled moan left me as he massaged my tongue with his, rubbing himself against my core. Since my dress rose, the only material covering me was my panties.

   He bit my lower lip gently before pulling away, only to kiss below my jaw. "How's your day been?" He muttered against my neck.

   I chuckled breathlessly, throwing his baseball cap to the vanity before lacing my fingers through his hair. "Great."

   "Good," he mumbled, moving away from my neck before pecking my lips. When he pulled back, he smiled softly, rubbing his hands up and down my waist. "You look beautiful," he muttered, looking at my piss stained uniform.

   "I look like a dog p—" I began, but he brought his lips back to mine, silencing me.

   I moaned against him, arching my back off the door. My arms wrapped around his neck, bringing him closer to me as he lowered a hand to cup my ass. "Fuck," he groaned against my mouth before pulling away, only to drop his forehead on mine.

   Both of us matched our breathing, surrounding ourselves in comfortable silence until I spoke up moments later. "I'm going to a club tomorrow with Sophie and some other people, you want to come?" I asked, feeling shivers as his hand moved under my dress to caress my warm skin.

   "For your birthday?" He asked, pulling away slightly. When he noticed my surprised expression, he smirked. "You really thought I didn't know? Come on, Bangs."

   "When's your birthday?" I asked, realizing in the months that I'd known him, I never asked the question.

   He stiffened against me, making me frown. "Valentine's day," he admitted gently as he looked at where our bodies were joined.

   "Cute," I grinned, wanting to lighten the mood. He must have sensed it because when he looked up, his eyes softened when they met mine.

   "You're cute," he smirked, and I tightened my legs around his waist.

   "Take that back, Trip," I said warningly, making his smirk widen before he pushed me further against the door.

   His lips brushed against mine. "Make me," he whispered with amusement.

   I gasped dramatically, tugging his hair with both my hands. "I will," I stated confidently, making him laugh.

   But just as he leaned down to press his mouth against mine, there was a knock on the other side of the door. "Monica?" I heard Billy's shy voice. "Sophie asked me to find you. I think she needs you for something."

   "Fucking hell," Liam groaned silently, dropping his forehead on my shoulder.

   I chuckled before slowly unwrapping myself from him. The loss of his heat made me frown, but I continued to move, giving him his hat before pushing him away from the door.