*CHRISTMAS SPECIAL*

Merry Christmas everyone!! Here's a peek of Katana's past, when she's about 12 years old. So that means Stephen is 16, Kylar is 14, and Zach is 11.

This is in third person pov.

Enjoy!

***********************************************

Katana sat on the black genuine leather couch in the spacious living room on Christmas Eve, wating for her parents to arrive home from a business trip. She was trying to be patient, but she kept fidgiting and glancing at the clock. They were supposed to be here over an hour ago!

The phone rang shrilly, making her jump. She knew it was her parents, calling with an excuse and apology for not being able to make it. This had happened three years in a row now, and she had been all alone for the holidays.

"Hi mom." She said, crossing her legs. "Where are you?"

"Katana, honey, we're still in Vermont. Out flight was cancelled because of the weather." Her mom's perky but tired voice answered.

Katana sighed, feeling the familiar ache of disappointment.

"When will you be back then?" She asked in a small voice.

"Hopefully this storm will pass and we'll be on our way within a day or two. Possibly three. Oh! I have to go! Have a good Christmas!"

"You too." Katana said sadly, but the other end of the line was already dead, the dial tone buzzing in her ear.

She set the phone gently in its holder before pulling the plugs on the twinkling lights all around the room and going upstairs to her room.

She sat on the bed and laid back, staring at the glowing stars, hearts and flowers on her ceiling.

She felt on the nightstand for her new phone, a guilt gift from her parents for being gone so much, and pulled it out of the charger.

She dialed Stephen's number without having to look, and waited for him to pick up.

Once, twice, three times is rang before the other end was picked up and a masculine voice asked, "Hello?"

"Stephen?"

"No, this is Kylar. Hey Tana."

"Can I talk to Stephen?"

"Well he's in the bathroom going-"

"Too much information!" She squealed, blotting the image Kylar had just painted from her mind.

He laughed and Katana closed her eyes, enjoying the rich sound of it. His voice had changed over the past year and become deeper, making Katana like him all the more.

"Sorry Tana. When you live with all boys, you don't have much of a filter on your mouth."

She giggled. "I can see that."

"So...What are you doing tonight? Something with the 'rents?" Kylar asked her.

"No." She said hesitantly, not exactly sure what she should tell him and not quite understanding why he was talking to her instead of leaving the phone on the table for Stephen like he usually did. "My parents are still on their business trip in Vermont and won't get back for a couple of days."

"What?!" He sounded outraged, but Katana didn't have time to ask why because she heard a exclamation on the other end, and then what sounded like a scuffle.

There was a triumphant crow of victory and then a thundering of feet.

"Hey Tana!" Stephen's cheerful voice greeted her.