Chapter 11-Oh, So That's Supposed to Make Me Feel Better, Huh?

Chapter 11
KATANA'S POV:

I pulled the pizza out of the oven and sniffed the air. Nothing smells as good as a pepperoni and bacon pizza.

I heard noises at the door and headed in that direction. Even though it was Stephen's house, I still wanted to see who it was.

And guess what? My favorite person in the whole world was there! Kylar! (You did notice that I was using sarcasm, right?)

"What do you think you're doing here?!" Stephen almost yelled.

"I need to talk to Tana." he said pushing him to the side and coming in.

"Oh, no you don't! This is my house. You can't just do whatever you want and you certainly cannot speak to Tana!"

He crossed his arms over his chest and smirked.

"You can't tell me not to talk to her if she wants me to talk to her. You want to talk to me, right Tana?" he said.

I just stood there, frozen, not saying anything.

"Come on, Tana. You like me so you want to come talk to me."

I finally realized what he was trying to do.

"No!" I said firmly. "You hurt me. You led me on. You lied to me. There is no way that I'm gonna talk to you, here or anywhere else."

You could see that Kylar realized he had lost. The expression on his face made it evident.

"No. I'm not letting Stephen have you. If I can't have you, no one can!" He shouted, swinging his fist at Stephen's face.

Stephen has pretty quick reflexes, but he wasn't expecting his brother to hit him.

Kylar didn't hit him in the nose, thank goodness just his cheek. I mean that's still bad but it's not as bad, if you know what I mean.

Stephen quickly retaliated, kicking Kylar back against the wall.

I would tell you what else happened, but I can't. I covered my eyes with my hands and sank down to the floor. I can't handle fights.

Next thing I knew, Stephen was shaking my shoulder and I heard a car roar away outside.

"Tana, I'm sorry about that. I wasn't expecting him to fight."

I let my hands fall to my side and stood up.

"It's not your fault." I said, assessing the damage done to his face. His right cheek was bruised and his left eye was starting to blacken.

"Nice face." I commented, leading his to the kitchen.

"He looks worse." he said.

"Oh, so that's supposed to make me feel better, huh?"

"I guess not."

I pulled out some ice and put it in a plastic baggie.

"Here. Put this on your face." I said, handing the bag to him.

"Thanks." Stephen accepted the ice gratefully.

I sat there for a moment, then said, "Why did he get so mad? Doesn't he understand that we're just friends? That you're the older brother I never had, but have always wanted? There isn't anything romantic with our relationship at all!" I looked at him. "Is there?"

"Well, Tana. I don't know for sure. I may be falling for you."

"WHAT??!! You can't like me!" I shrieked.

He dropped the poker face and burst out laughing.

"You are so gullible!" he said, tears streaming down his face from laughing so hard. You know the laugh where you know you're laughing so hard it's silent and you're stomach is hurting so bad but you just can't stop? It was one of those laughs.

"Oh, shut up, you jerk!" I said, leaving the room.

"I can't believe you fell for that!" was the only thing he called after me.

I travelled to his room, but on the way I noticed a door to a room that he hadn't shown me.

I opened it and found a bedroom, which was odd because I had already seen his room and the guest room and this one was definitely not it.

I jumped when Stephen tapped on my shoulder.

"What is this bedroom for?" I asked, forgetting that I was mad at him.

"It's for you." He said, smiling gently. "If you ever need to get away, call me and I'll come get you and you can stay here with me."

I felt my eyes starting to water.

"Stephen..."

"Don't cry, Tana." he said. "I hate it when you cry. Even for a happy thing."

I just nodded and hugged him tightly.

He hugged me back and we just stood there until I remembered that we had pizza to eat.

We both laughed, warmed it up, ate it and then he took me home and the last thing I saw as we were driving off, was Stephen standing all by himself in the driveway, waving goodbye to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh brother. I started to cry there at the end of the chapter. It's got to be pretty sad if I'm crying at my own story.

Hope you enjoyed it but I'm not sure how long it is because I wrote and published this whole thing on my iPod.

Love you guys! Thanks for your support! <3

~Mandie

Here's the featured story! Actually, there's two. Book one and book two. And now there's a third!

Title: Angel of Fire - the Breath of Immortality - Book One ***COMPLETED***

Author: @Somerlea

Summery: The name's Chaos. Chaos Killbourne to be exact. People call me reckless, but they're wrong. I'm more like the perfect storm. Destroy an entire city with a single glance? I can do that. Wipe mankind off the face of the earth once and for all? I can do that too. Born to lead a revolt of epic proportions so the Dark Ones can rise up and rule the world is my destiny. Refusing to follow direct orders and become a weapon of mass destruction is my downfall.

Much more than human, I'm now on a collision course to form the perfect union with a soulmate capable of balancing my explosive supernatural powers before I self-destruct, and take the planet with me.

There's just one tiny problem. Once formed, the union can never be broken. With a bad attitude and an even worse temper, I can't be tamed. Not that I have time to worry about my love life, that is. Especially when someone's turning mortals into monsters and making them zombified creatures of the living dead. Like the flesh eating kind you only see in movies, but worse. Much, much worse. Zombies with the ability to carry out orders and follow them to perfection.

I call them monsters on a mission.

Don't ask me why I'm being hunted. I'm just trying to make it through high school in one piece. All I know for sure is that the fate of mankind rests in my hands, which really pisses me off. I never asked to save the world. After all, I was born to destroy it.

And here's book two------>

Title:Angel of Fire - Requiem of Lost Souls - Book Two ***UPDATES WEEKLY!!!***

Author: @Somerlea

Summery: I climbed out of my watery grave stronger, deadlier, and even more powerful than before with one mission on my mind. And one mission only.

Revenge.

First order of business? Find the witch who turned my friends into flesh eating monsters, and make her pay. Second order of business? Make her pay some more.

If it's a fight she wants, she just found one.

Some people need to learn lessons the hard way. Before you play with fire, you should know who you're playing with. Black magic is bad. But I'm bad-ass.

Hold on tight because things are about to get very, very revengy. I'm one pissed off weapon of mass destruction. I may have been designed to destroy the world, but I'm going to enjoy destroying that witch so much more.