Chapter 3-What's Your Password?

Chapter 3
KATANA'S POV:

Let me tell you, it is suicide to run in heels. It's pretty much impossible.

So in order for me to run faster, I took them off.

I had to get away.

"Tana!"

Kylar.

I kept running, ignoring him.

"Tana! Get back here or I'll have to chase you!"

I ran faster but it didn't do any good.

He caught me, grabbing me by my waist and spinning me around to face him.

"What do you think you're doing? You can't just run away from bad news!" He asked in a voice that was slightly too loud for the close distance. I winced.

"Let go of me! Let me GO!" I struggled against his grip but it was no use. He was too strong.

"Listen to me!" He framed my face with his hands. "Where were you planning on going?"

I shrugged because if I talked, the tears that were building up inside of me would spill out. I didn't want to cry.

Especially in front of him.

"You don't have to hold back in front of me." he said gently.

That did it.

I didn't realize that I had started crying until Kylar started wiping the salty water off my face with the sleeve of his jacket.

"It's okay. Just let go." he said, pulling me into his arms.

He didn't say anything, just held me until I finally gained my composure.

I pulled back, sniffing.

Oh, no. I probably looked like a mess, and not a hot mess either, like all of the actresses. When they cry it doesn't ruin their face.

"You looks fine." Kylar said, reading my mind in that creepy way of his.

I started. "Thank you."

He gave me his signature smirk. "No problem." He started smoothing my hair down but I pulled away.

"I'd probably better get back. Mom's freaking out."

I started to walk back, but he blocked my way.

"What?"

"You're not going back there. Not now." he said.

"Who's gonna stop me?"

"I think the answer to that question is quite obvious."

I grunted in frustration and stomped my heel on the ground for good measure.

"Get out of my way!" I ordered.

"No." his eyes were twinkling. He was enjoying this. "Now are you going to come with me or do I have to carry you."

I spun around and started walking in the opposite direction.

"Stupid question." I heard him say to himself.

He came up behind me and swung me up onto his shoulder, making me squeal.

I pounded my fists on his back and yelled at him.

"Put...Me...Down!" I gasped. Let me tell you, being upside down really makes you lose your breath. Not only that but being held like this by Kylar was...kind of taking my breath away, too.

"Not unless you promise to come with me." he said.

"No way!" I shouted. "Where are you taking me?"