Chapter 10-Yeah, But I Still Wanna Steal It

Chapter 10
STEPHEN'S POV:

Man, she really had me going there. I thought she was really going to make me give her my baby. Not literally my baby but you know how some guys consider their cars to be a part of the family and name them, even if they're a rusty old piece of junk? That's how I am. My girl's name is Powder Puff. I didn't name her, Tana did, thus the girly (and stupid, but don't ever tell her) name. I've never changed it because even though it's stupid, Tana named it so I'll keep it that way. And I guess I kinda like the name. Stupid and girly as it is.

I pulled into the long driveway of MY NEW HOUSE! I was so freakin' excited to show her because no one else, except the builders, had seen my house yet.

Okay, let me describe the landscape. There are thick woods all around, and there's a large clearing in the back which has an underground swimming pool and a trampoline. You can't see the house from the road because of the trees but when you get to it, you'd be surprised. It's a lot bigger than you'd think it would be for one person. It's a one story house but it's 1500 square feet with a basement.

"Oh, my!" Tana gasped as soon as she saw it. "It's beautiful! I want to steal it from you!"

I laughed and got out of the car.

"Tan, there's no way I'm giving this to you! Do you know how long I've waited for this?"

"Yeah, but I still wanna steal it!" She raced up the three concrete steps and tried to pull the door open.

"You won't be able to get in without this." I said, grinning and holding up a key.

She frowned and stepped aside.

"Cheer up." I said, unlocking the door and stepping inside, pulling her with me. "I have a copy for you right here."

She lit up and grabbed the key.

"Thanks Stevie!" she cried, flinging her arms around my neck and hugging me tight. That's what she called me before she could pronounce 'Stephen.' It used to annoy the heck out of me, but I like it now, and she looks so adorably childish when she says is, so it's worth putting up with the babyish name.

I gave her a tour of the house, showing her the two bedrooms, two bathrooms, the rec room, the living room, and the other miscellaneous rooms, finally ending up in the kitchen. I got some drinks out of the fridge and put two pizzas in the oven, which had been heating up during the tour.

"Your house is so freakin' awesome, Stephen. And it's really close to your college so could run there if you wanted to. Save some gas and money."

I chuckled. "I told you before. Running isn't my thing!" She had been trying to get me to run with her since she took it up three years ago.

"I know, but I won't stop trying to get you to run, ever!"

We chatted for awhile until the timer for the pizza and the doorbell rang in unison.

We both started laughing.

"I'll get the pizza, you get the door. It's your house, after all." Tana said, heading for the kitchen.

I got up and went to the door. I opened it without checking who it was. If I had checked, I could've avoided a whole lot of drama.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaand another short chapter of which I am famous for.

I wanted to do another cliffhanger. *evil grin*

I'll try to have the next chapter up in a shorter time than this one took. And it should be a lot longer, too. I don't like doing these short chapters. :P

Bye, hope you enjoyed! I love you guys!

~Mandie <3

Featured book of the chapter! There's three!

Title: Pleasantly, Piper (Story # 1)

Author: @GlitterBookworm

Summary: Piper Nelson and Tristan Morgan only have a few things in common:

1. They're both home schooled
2. They're both introverts
3.They have knack for getting in trouble
4.Their mothers are best friends
5.They hate writing letters

So imagine the shock they both had after there mothers said that writing letters to each other (in which they had never met before) was a punishment and a school assignment. Told in letters, the two have a lot to learn about themselves, God, friendship and falling in love.

(First short story in series)

Second book.

Title: One Missed Call From Tristan (Story #2)

Author: @GlitterBookworm

Summary: It's a new year and Tristan and Piper have something brand new for the two of them: Phone calls. As they continue the rest of the school year and fill each other in on the lose ends from the year before, each of them start to wonder why they hadn't decided on phone calls before.

(Prequel to Pleasantly, Piper )

Third book.

Title: The Summer of Tristan & Piper (Story #3)

Author: @GlitterBookworm

Summary: It's been almost a year since Tristan and Piper started writing letters and calling each other. They've wanted to meet each other for months now and finally since summer has arived, they will.

With a few twist and turns and a series of bad puns and almost (but not fully) perveted jokes Tristan and Piper learn a lot about love, God and what it really means to trust someone.

(third and final story in series)