Chapter 2: School of Humans and Monsters

(Perspective: Asriel)

"Sorry I'm late," I said as I opened the door of the classroom. The human and monster students all looked at me.

"Asriel, this is the third time you're late this month," My teacher said, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I'm sorry," I told her, "I said that already."

"Well, I suppose I can't be too mad at you," she said, "You are the one that freed us after all. Go take a seat." I walked into the classroom and sat down in the seat next to Ninten.

"You have got to stop being late," he whispered to me.

"I know," I said, "But there was something so exciting. One thing that was interesting to me was that Gaster mentioned feeding his child dinner, but it's barely 10 a.m. here.

"He lives in Foggyland," Ninten explained, "Different time zone than Eagleland."

"Oh," I said, "That would make sense. You wanna know something weird that happened this morning?"

"What is it?" he asked.

"I met this girl while I was walking down the street," I told him, "She was about to get run over by a car, so I saved her. But one thing that's weird about her is her pink eyes."

"Pink eyes?" Ninten asked, "That does seem a bit unusual, but Chara has red eyes. Maybe the pink is just a shade of red." The teacher stood up.

"Welcome class," the teacher said, "I would like to announce that we have a new student joining us. Frisk, would you please stand up and introduce yourself?"

It's her! I thought to myself. And sure enough, the new girl that stood up was Frisk from before. But how did she get here before me? Something about her made me uneasy.

"Gladly," Frisk responded, "My name is Frisk and I'm new. I hope to be all of your friends, but don't hurt my friends, or else I'll make you wish you were never born." Her face started to form an evil smile, which terrified the other kids.

"Well then," the teacher said, "It's nice to meet you, Frisk." Frisk then sat down.

"Wow," Ninten said, "You are right. Something about her doesn't seem right. She kind of gives me the creeps."

"I'll talk to you later at lunch," I told him, "I'm already in some trouble for being late."

"Now," the teacher began, "Take out your workbooks. We're going to be learning more about elemental magic."

After about a few hours of boring lectures about fire, water, earth, air, ice, and lightning, it was time for recess and lunch. I sat outside on a bench with my friends Chara, Ninten, and Monster Kid, who everyone called MK. He was a reptilian monster who was strangely born without arms, but that didn't stop him really. He had a long tail that kind of acted as his arm. Frisk walked over to us.

"Might if I join you?" she asked, "I wanted to say sorry about earlier."

"Sure," Chara answered, sounding calmer than last time, "It's more my fault for acting that way towards you."

"Okay," Frisk responded. She sat down on the hard cement ground. There was an awkward silence for a few seconds, so I decided to speak up.

"So, Frisk," I began, "Where do you come from?" Frisk tapped her forehead, probably thinking of an answer.

"I'm from Foggyland," she answered, "In Summers."

"Nice," I said, "I'm from here." Chara raised an eyebrow

"Wait," she said, "She's lying. Humans were trapped underground. There's no way she could have come from Summers."

"That doesn't mean she couldn't have moved there after you were freed," I defended, "Did you ever think about that?"

"I suppose you're right," Chara said, "Sorry."

"It's fine," Frisk responded, "Anyone want to play a game?"

"Actually, we were on our way to the playground," MK answered, "Wanna join us?"

"Uh sure," Frisk responded. We all got up and walked to the playground. However, on our way there, a mean purple dinosaur monster named Susie tripped Ninten over, causing him to fall on his face.

"Ow!" he said, "What was that for?" We all turned around and saw the mean girl.

"Looks like you're still losers after all," she said, "You should've seen that coming, human scum!"

"Hey," Chara shouted, walking towards the dinosaur monster, "Leave my friends alone."

"Go away Chara," Susie said, "This doesn't involve you."

"If it involves humans and my friends, it involves me too!" I said back, "Chara and Ninten are my friends."

"Well, well," Susie said, "If it isn't the human lover himself."

"Listen," MK said, "We are at a school with monsters and humans. Why can't you just accept that they live here too?"

"You humans will never be accepted," Susie replied, "I'm just stating facts here. And Asriel, next time I see you with a human..." she licked her lips.

"You will be my snack!" she finished. Chara rolled her eyes.

"Come on, let's go," she said, turning away from Susie.

"Fine," Susie said, "At least I don't date a fluffy monster that smells like goat." Chara clenched her fists and started marching towards Susie.

"Take it back!" she demanded, "Or I will make your life more miserable than it already is." Susie shrugged her shoulders.

"No," she responded, "I'm not taking it back. It's true."

"Chara, it's not worth it," I said, "Come on. Let's go play on the swings."

"Not until I give this freak the punishment she deserves!" Chara said, filled with more rage than ever before. She raised up her fist, and punched Susie in the nose. Blood spewed out of it. Without thinking, Susie punched back, hitting Chara's stomach. Then, their fighting brought attention to everyone at lunch. The others and I just stood back and watch them fight. Frisk looked the most worried. I could see the fear in her widened eyes. She then out of nowhere cast a pink energy blast at Susie, knocking her out. She gasped at the sight of her incredible power.

"Oh no," she said, "What did I just do? Asriel, let's go."

"Why?" I asked.

"I can't be seen with this power," she told me, "Or else she'll find me."

"Who will?" I asked, "You're not making sense." She turned her head down, grabbed my hand, and ran towards the playground. As she pulled me away from my friends, I turned back and saw the teachers handling the current situation. We hid underneath the playground near the slide.

"What was that back there?" I asked.

"It was one of my SOUL abilities," Frisk answered, "You know that all of your human friends have one of 7 SOUL colors, right?" I nod my head.

"Well," she continued, pulling out her SOUL, "I'm one of the few with a pink SOUL." I gasped when I saw her bright pink SOUL.

"I don't understand," I said, "Why is it pink?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out as well," Frisk answered, "But unfortunately, because of my SOUL, I'm being hunted down. You must not tell anyone I told you this, okay?"

"Okay," I said, "I won't tell anyone." And we sort of just left it at that. I know I wasn't supposed to tell anyone, but there was one important person who had to know.

Ness.