Prologue

(Perspective: Penelope, Three years before UnderBound)

The air was cold that night. The stars were beautiful and shined like diamonds in the sky. I was running through the forests of Winters carrying a small skeleton child. What was I running from? My past. I once used to be destructive, feared, worshiped. People used to take one glimpse at me and faint from terror. I was the SOUL of Fear. But something inside me changed. The feeling that I no longer wanted to be evil. My own fear consumed me. I promised I would never use my destructive powers again. What was important now was delivering this child to Gaster safely. I behind a nearby tree. The baby started crying. I tried rocking him back and forth to calm him down.

"It's okay," I said quietly, "You're going to be okay."

"You can't run forever!" A female demonic voice said, "I'll find you soon enough." I had to keep moving. I ran as faster than the winter wind to the laboratory. I placed the baby on the doorstep, gently knocked on the door and quickly ran away. As I ran, snow started to fall at a rapid pace.

"Sister," the voice said, "Why don't you come home? We could be a family again." I stopped and turned around. Whatever she was, she was not my sister. She was corrupt and twisted evil. I could barely tell she was my sister from the wicked smile on her face.

"No!" I shouted to her, "I've left that life behind. It's not what our princess would've wanted."

"If you say so," the demon responded. She raised demonic hand at me and charged a powerful blast. The second she fired it, I teleported away, to a place where I would be safe. Onett, Eagleland.

As I arrived, I stumbled upon an issue. I was way too pink in color. My clothes, hair, and eyes were all pink. If I wanted to truly be safe, something about my appearance needed to change. I pulled out my SOUL and got a good look at it. It was as pink as it had ever been. There was no way I could change the color of it. My outfit, on the other hand, was something I could do. With the power of my SOUL, I changed my hair color from pink to brown and let my pigtails come lose. I changed my outfit from my classic uniform to a lightweight dress colored purple. I even wore a bandana over my head and cute purple slip on shoes. My eyes remained pink. I had the outfit, all I needed now was a name. Chara? Nah, we had plenty of those. Frisk? Yes that was the one. From now on, I would no longer be known as Penelope. I would now be known as Frisk.

Welcome to the world of EnderBound.