Of Migraines & Men

Start from the beginning

Kongpob was taken aback hearing this. Is this how Arthit felt? That he never gave him space?

Giving a weak smile he said, "Sorry, P'Arthit. I didn't know you felt like this. I will not be in your face anymore. I will give you all the time you need. Please eat something. You must be hungry." Hearing Kong's shaky voice Arthit lifted his head to see Kong turn to leave.

"You are leaving me?"

Kong turned around confused. "P', you said you needed space."

"So? You will leave me just like that."

"Umm... P'... I...I don't... I don't know."

Arthit put his face in his palm again. Kongpob was confused by Arthit's contradicting behavior so he decided to do what he did best. He sat beside Arthit and put his hand around his shoulder again, and put him closer to him. Arthit didn't resist this time. He put his head on his lover's shoulder and sighed. It felt good. He felt like he was home. While Arthit sat quietly, Kongpob gently rubbed his shoulders and let Arthit just breathe and calm down. After a few minutes of quiet, Arthit moved.

"My head is throbbing, Kong. I have a headache."

"Why didn't you say so sooner P?" He made a move to get up but Arthit slipped back and lay on the bed and Kongpob leaned over him and gently rub his fingers over his forehead and temple. Arthit lay still with eyes closed, enjoying his lover's gentle ministrations.

"P, eat something. Then you can take a tablet."

"Regular tablets don't help me, Kong. It's a migraine. I had it during middle school but it stopped.

"Oh! Why didn't you tell me about this before? P, with migraine we have to be prepared always."

"I didn't know. I had forgotten all about it. I haven't had an attack since my 8th grade."

"Ok, did you at least eat your lunch today?"

Arthit nodded.

"P, why don't you have a shower. A warm shower will help. Hmmm?"

Arthit got up and Kongpob assisted him to the bathroom. He placed the towel on the rack and kept his clothes ready.

"P, while you shower, I will go to my dorm. I will be back in 15 minutes. If you are done showering just lie down. Don't move about." Placing a quick kiss on Arthit's forehead he pushed him into the bathroom and all but ran to his dorm.

Dropping his bag, he quickly packed for a night's stay and other essentials he needed. Most important of all, the reason he had come to the room in the first place-Ice pack, some pain killers, and lavender oil. A quick shower before leaving his room, 15 minutes later he was back in Arthit's room to find him sitting on the bed, the damp towel next to him.

"Are you comfortable, P'? Does it feel better after the shower?"

"I feel clean," Arthit replied, trying to joke.

"Okay P', please lean against the headboard and sit. And place this on the nape of your neck."

He wrapped the ice pack in a towel and handed it to Arthit. After hanging the wet towel in the balcony, he then shut the curtains and turned off all the lights plunging the room into darkness except for a small lamp that Arthit liked. He sat next to Arthit on the bed while helping him with the ice pack. When Arthit got no relief, he decided to try another method.

"I have another method but I don't know if you will be okay with it."

"Anything to ease the pain, Kongpob."

"Okay, then please remove your shirt and move forward."

"What???" Arthit asked surprised but groaned in pain from his knee-jerk reaction.