"namjoon! fix this piece of shit!" seokjin's eyes were smothered with fury as he shattered one of taehyung's glass candles in the process.

taehyung and the other customers exchanged awkward glances. was this grown ass man actually throwing a temper tantrum?

an exhausted-looking male, who taehyung assumed was namjoon, entered from the store's back door.

"relax, baby. the cash register will be fixed," he assured seokjin.

namjoon picked up the cash register, along with the glass remnants of the candle taehyung was planning to buy. seokjin stomped away in embarrassment.

namjoon scratched his head. "i really apologize for the inconvenience. jin has, uh, his moments."

taehyung dismissed the situation with ease. he dealt with seokjin's tantrums almost every day of senior year, so this wasn't much of a surprise to him.

namjoon handed taehyung his grocery bag and receipt before freezing in his steps.

"hey, you look familiar."

he analyzed taehyung's appearance, squinting eyes traveling from his head to his toes.

"ohhh, you're one of jungkook's side hoes, right?"

taehyung's eyes widened. jungkook's WHAT?

"yeah, i don't know who that is," taehyung nervously laughed.

so, this is what came with almost having sex with a popular athlete? the whole world referring to you as his "side hoe?" taehyung was not having it.

namjoon stopped taehyung from turning around to add a comment.

"just so you know, jungkook will not stop talking about you. it gets annoying at times but i finally understand now that i've met you."

"m-me?" taehyung was shocked to the core.

he then scoffed. yeah, right. he just wants to find another way to fuck me.

"jungkook and i don't talk anymore. we met up once and it meant nothing. don't worry about it, namjoon," he stated with truth.

taehyung forced a reassuring smile onto his face so namjoon would stop worrying about his non-existent relationship with jungkook.

namjoon groaned. "i know, but you two would look so good toget—"

"i need to get to work, my shift starts soon. thank you for your input though," taehyung sarcastically intervened.

the conversation about jungkook only resulted into him feeling sick to his stomach. taehyung was fully aware that jungkook didn't care for him. he refused to be manipulated that easily.

namjoon waved goodbye with a downward look while taehyung turned around in pure indignation. it seemed he couldn't escape the topic of jungkook anywhere he went, and quite frankly, that angered him.

but he spoke too soon.

taehyung's eyes widened.

one second he was speaking negatively on jungkook's name, and the other second he was looking into jungkook's large, doe eyes.

"oh."

"hey, taehyung."

yeah, this isn't funny anymore.

"um, what are you doing here?"

namjoon spoke up to set aside the awkwardness, "sorry, it was me. i texted jungkook as soon as i recognized you. i just had to take the chance!"

fuck. taehyung seriously just wanted to smack the smirk off of namjoon's face.

taehyung shifted uncomfortably. his unsettled eyes glanced at both namjoon and jungkook. he felt painfully out of place.

yeah, taehyung didn't sign up for this bullshit.

jungkook then pulled a bouquet of roses from behind his back. they carried a heavy fragrance that surprisingly invited taehyung to turn pink.

"tae, i know fucked up before. could you give me another chance?"

"jungkook—"

"come on."

taehyung stared at jungkook with a straight face. "no."

jungkook licked his inner cheek. "you're joking, right?" he questioned. this whole rejecting thing did not sit well with him.

"i said, no. i'm not gonna be head over heels for you over a bouquet of flowers. you're gonna have to work way harder than that."

"jesus, taehyu—"

taehyung brushed shoulders with jungkook, leaving the store in silence.